About Me

My photo
I believe in dedicating my life to the things I truly love. This is my way of sharing that love with you.

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Fears

I've always found the fears of the world to be interesting. If asked what you fear, most people will reply with something like snakes...... spiders..... clowns.......... enclosed spaces..... you get the idea. But when you look at the world- through media- through every day life- that's not what most people fear the most. People fear being alone. They are afraid of broken hearts- both theirs or another's. They fear being wrong. They run away from trials and situations in which succeeding is questionable. And me-- I am just like the world in some ways. 
What do I fear? Anger-- painful words and emotions inflicted upon already damaged hearts. Companionship- actually believing that someone cares enough to be with you forever and not walk out on you when things get tough. Memories-- never being able to walk away from the past because there will always be a song, a highway, a loved one who will come back into your life and tell you that you're not welcome. I don't like being told I can't go somewhere because it conflicts with a past life. I don't like pretending I don't love someone and want them in my life every second of every day. I don't like running in circles trying to block out the hurtful feelings. 

Sometimes, I'm just ready for a fairytale. 

No comments:

Post a Comment