I feel like my life is a lot like the movie Groundhog's Day.
For example, here was my day:
Receive a cheery good morning/how are you from my black bus driver, sit across from the man in a white polo or blue button up shirt reading his newspaper, watch 2 men get on at Dobson, wait for them to crack 2 poor jokes, while waiting at lightrail station I will notice the fat kid wearing shoes with “Vans” inscribed across the bottom, get off the bus 1 stop early, step over water at Barney's boathouse, watch light turn green, see the woman sitting outside the Methodist church, walk up the stairs where I know the exact lines where the shadows will be, sit in the same spot, say hi to Lauren when she shows up looking like she missed her morning coffee, wait for the teacher/TA to unlock the door 2 minutes late, eat a granola bar between classes while I text Danny back, after class notice the guy with the broken backpack walking in front of me, see the guy who miraculously can text message, smoke, and ride a bike through one of the busiest areas of ASU at the same time, avoid eye contact with mormon boy walking around the corner by Noble library, wonder once again if Garrett Seymore remembers who I am from all those years ago at EFY as he walks by, whine to Stephannie about all my freak outs and bad moments of the morning, copy quotes off of Brother Wold's colorful whiteboard, avoid eye contact with another mormon girl as I walk past the library corner again, wait 20 seconds for the elevator in PSH, walk past people from my GLG 102 class sprawled out in the hall, give my TA Bryan a half smile/half glare as I walk into class, fight to stay awake through his poorly organized lesson, text Stephannie during those long periods I am waiting for help so I can finish my lab, wait for the Orbit buses Mercury and Mars to pass before I catch a bus home with the old guy coming home from his shift at Jack in the Box. Welcome to EVERY Monday in my life.
There are so many things I can predict simply because they occur over and over and over again. I know that the song Breakeven will haunt me every shift at work. I know exactly where several people will be at certain times of the day. I know within about 10 minutes when someone will text me back. I know that the mexican lady in the red SUV will show up every day for her avalanche sized super sour grape light syrup extra cream shaved ice along with 2 smoothies and a baby shaved ice. The man in the gray truck will pay me for his regular sized strawberry smoothie in change and it will cost $5.29 and yes, he does want whipped cream and a cherry even though he isn't going to wait long enough at the drive through for me to ask him that. I know that at 4 pm on Thursday afternoons I will begin hearing about delicious food dishes due to the fact that Ryan is both bored and hungry. I know that crazy Kathy will ride up on her bike around 3pm for her 69 cent regular diet Pepsi. (75 cents with tax).
Today I am wondering if maybe I am as stupid and inconsiderate as Bill Murray. Perhaps I am stuck in that manipulation stage and have not yet figured out how to win the girl over.


Just don't kill yourself, because you won't be able to re-live those mondays like bill murray did. Maybe don't avoid eye contact with the mormon boy and girl. haha it will be doing something different than the usual mondays. haha
ReplyDeleteWhen I worked at dairy queen, I had these two customers come in and order the same flavor of milkshakes and sizes, they also came in around the same time and day. I just can't remember the day though.