Oh my oh my where to start?
I just finished watching the movie Marley and Me. I've heard good things about it but I was blown away by how sincerely real the story was. It wasn't just another cliché movie family.. it was real.
There were the funny parts, the tense moments, the romantic swoons.... but what really caught my attention was a clip a couple minutes long of a monologue piecing together clips of their life.
I laid on the couch in my tacky plaid pajama shirt, draped under the same dull brown blanket that's made a permanent residence on my bed for half my life, wrapped around a stuffed alligator and thought, I WANT THAT. At that very moment I wanted nothing more than to go grab a boy and rush off and marry him and have that wonderful and awful adventure for myself.
It made me think of the song Marry You by Bruno Mars that I've copy/pasted onto different blog post drafts for a year now, never knowing where to place it.
I hate that song. Absolutely hate it. I hate the casualty it places on marriage. Hate the temporary second-handed thought.
But I love listening to it. Yeah, yeah, the music is pretty catchy but what gets me is that, like today, I have those moments when I just look at someone and think, Hey.. I think I wanna marry you.
It's nothing serious.. just a fleeting thought sparked by random moments but can you see the appeal and craving for that moment? That instantaneous happiness and excitement?
I love that image in my head. It makes me want to throw my arms up in the air and dance in the rain with a smile so big I can hardly breathe from sheer joy.
I can't even imagine how amazing the real thing must be.



The real thing is great :) No worries girlie, soon some lucky guys is gonna get a tall hot blonde with long legs :)Then you can trip him with them :)
ReplyDeleteI think that was the best comment I've ever received on a post. Thanks :)
Delete