About Me

My photo
I believe in dedicating my life to the things I truly love. This is my way of sharing that love with you.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

IF vs. WHEN

My TA said yesterday, "in this world there are lumpers and separators" (referring to how you choose to include geologic events on a geologic map)

Well, in this world, there are also IF people and WHEN people. 

Myself, I am a WHEN person. 

It is not a matter of IF something will happen in my life. It is a matter of WHEN. The way I see things-- ...If there is somewhere I want to go, then I go.
...If there is someone I want to see, then I go see them. 
...If there is something I want to do in my life-- I simply go do it. 
No IFs. 

Understanding this concept is really quite simple-- 
If you want something enough, if it really matters to you, it will come first in your life. 
You will make it happen.
I do realize that this requires time and money and responsibility but really, if it matters then you will figure out a way. 

I am constantly perturbed by those people who do not do what they want. 
If you have something to say-- then say it. 
If you want to be a different person-- then change.
If you like someone-- then ask them out.

You can't just keep throwing out IFs in your life and somehow expect that it will be enough and that things will change. 

A month or so ago I figured out one of the most important things in my life
I realized that being a WHEN person is one of the most important things I look for in people. 
I finally realized why I like certain people so much.
It is because they ACT instead of just talking about doing so. 
They are real and not just an illusion of the person you wish they would be
They say what they want, they do what they want, and they are entirely genuine
And I love that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment