To whom it may concern:
I am sorry.
I try to live my life without regrets but since when has that ever worked for anyone?
I try to protect myself and make sure my decisions are where I want to be going.
I try to understand people and why they are who they are and why they make the choices they do.
I try to be a better person because quite honestly-- sometimes I don't even like myself and how am I supposed to believe someone can love me when I don't always believe it possible?
I try for things to be right-- whether that right is best for someone else or for me.
I try to trust people 100% because I know that once I reach that point there is found a relationship that lasts forever.
I try to be honest with myself since excuses and lies are only a waste of time.
The point is.... I try.
But then there are times, like these, that I realize I'm so focused on trying to do so many things that I forget what exactly is the entire reason for trying.
And what the answer to that reason is comes down to one thing: relationships.
Or sometimes more importantly, relationship.
Sometimes I spend so much time waiting around for answers to things that I already know...
for people to do things that don't need to be done because if they were going to-- it would have already happened...
for words to be said that have simply become a matter of "you first"....
And on days like these, I must simply look at what is laid before me and make a decision
Which you know I hate to do
But decisions seem to be necessary
Because like the picture with the typo in it says--
Someday I'm going to wish I had let them catch me.
And also, someday I'm going to wish I hadn't waited so long to catch them.
Who is "them"? Well, you decide. Or don't. I really couldn't care less.
But "them" is important in my life. Even if that sentence did sound terribly grammatically incorrect.
Oh gosh. .. . . that last one sounds a little sketchy too.
Point being-- you're in my life for a reason. . .
Others are no longer in my life because I was too slow and too self-consumed to make a decision.
But right now, I am deciding.
Deciding to keep you.
Plus, this whole lukewarm, half-in half-out, hit the snooze button three times thing ain't working for me
So let's change that.
The End.


No comments:
Post a Comment