And no, I don't mean to prove to you that I'm doing something with my life.
These pictures are for me to remember that something actually did happen in the past few weeks.
Stephannie and I finally went and got sushi from RA. The location on Mill by ASU is much nicer and less empty during the day time hours than Dana Park's music pumping club location
SO to put this awkwardly... I was a sushi virgin.
But no longer am
And... it was delicious. Except for the spicy tuna but it's not like that was bad.
For FHE one night Stephannie, Tabitha, and I carved pumpkins. I stole one they had there and carved a creeper into it. It's almost even better when it molds, don't you think?
Now..... back to my house! Imagine that . . . . . not like I actually do hardly anything else with myself.
I painted the top half of my bathroom gray and we moved that sick toilet that I previously cleaned months ago that is not so sparkling white still. Apparently the last people to paint did not move it. Or the paint job before that. Or the one before that. I think I counted 4.
But the whole outline-on-the-wall-thing? It's totally normal at this house. Thankfully not so much anymore.
I later painted the bottom half of the walls "Altar of Roses" or as I call it, magenta. (Although I am terribly saddened that I think of stupid Blues Clues every time I say that)
I'm looking for a good wallpaper border to put along the edge. Kinda thinking about a black and white retro look but as far as I have looked, nothing like that has shown up.
We got the huge shelf in my family room put up! It looks so amazingly nice that I can't believe some of the things I envisioned for this house are actually turning out how I was hoping they would.
And last night 2 of my couches! So I am now sleeping on my lovely gray couch because I love love love love it and it pretty much turns into a bed if you throw off a couple cushions.
The laundry room was a main priority for last week since Kendra's been whining about getting her laundry done.
So we (meaning my grandpa and not me) finished staining the cabinets and Brother Cluff helped move the washer and dryer in and I installed them both with Brother Nelson finishing up on the dryer by hooking the vent up.
I even got to paint the baseboards blue and one of the light switches blue so I finally have my orange and blue room that I've dreamed of for years. And I don't even care how tacky that is.
I got dishes moved in and I realized that I have A LOT. It was one of those things where I found a set I really liked. But there weren't enough. So we bought the blue ones to go with them. But then we found more that matched exactly. And then there were those old ones from way before.
So all in all, quite a few plates and bowls. But I promise some day I will set the table up all fancy and it will look absolutely amazing.
I also moved my magnets over to my house. A favorite Norman Rockwell painting and Harry Potter and also a few magnet framed photos.
I moved some of my favorite books over too. And less favorites since my textbooks are here now too. I separated my Harry Potter books and my Twilight books since I decided it was not fair to force them together any longer. I really think they just need different shelves too.
I painted my game closet and my mom finished it up and put on some shelf paper so I unpacked a few games I had bought that we already boxed.
And then one night I went and cleaned out my game closet at home of puzzles and games and wow I have enough games and puzzles to last months. I definitely am planning game nights though. I've always wanted a big closet full of games like this and it's turning out perfect.
My living room is still a mess. It has become the junk room full of not actually junk but more of the work room I guess. As soon as I am done with my room and the hall bathroom and doors I will get started on the living room. It's actually the room I wanted done first originally but not it will be last and I am itching to get started.
I made my first meal the other day. Mac and Cheese. Now really-- this is an accomplishment. I think I've only made it 2 other times in my life and other than it being rather bland, it wasn't too bad. I'm just sad that I already shattered the lid for my weird pot.
Speaking of things shattering, I had my shower door shatter in my hands today. Right after it was cleaned I was carrying it back into the house and it randomly exploded. It's an interesting thing holding a huge sheet of glass and then all of a sudden everything is flying and your hands are suddenly empty.
But news flash-- it was safety glass so I survived with only a few small cuts on my arms and a lot of frustration.
My food pantry is filling up. Unfortunately, only one of those shelves is mine so I spend a lot of time staring at the contents that I'm less than eager to eat and scrounge food elsewhere.
I've been sleeping on the floor in the last empty bedroom for the past week but someone was supposed to come look at it today (which she didn't. Big surprise there) so I cleaned it all up and like I said previously, have moved to the couch which unfortunately was a very loud location last night at midnight when I was trying to sleep and Kendra came home and started up laundry 10 feet away from my head and spent an hour messing around in the kitchen.
Jacque moved in. I like her. I think. I've only actually seen her a few times but apparently she doesn't stay here right now because the house isn't finished. That's according to Kendra. I don't think it's a big deal to have a door knob and bathroom tile to keep you from staying here but whatev. . . she paid rent so I don't really care.
Albert put in a new garage door (that still needs painted) since the last one was missing quite a bit of it's bottom half. It's kinda nice to have a normal nice looking door. Even if there is only one and it's in the garage when I rarely see it.
Here's the garage light switch. I just can't bear to wash it because it is the last bit of what this house was. It expressed what I have spent months ripping off the floor and scrubbing off the walls and cleaning cleaning cleaning. . . .
I finally have got some work done in my room. I painted one wall light blue about a week ago
And the green edges all got finished and my cabinets are all freshly varnished and put back together. The medicine cabinet is cleaned out. The mirror has been mostly washed. The counter has been scrubbed. The light fixture has been replaced. And now after the tile is done, I can actually move stuff in!
I also sucked it up the other day and paid full price for a gallon of paint. I have been wanting this color very much and it turned out perfect. It is called Teal Zeal and my room colors are now complete.
In fact, they match my new cheap bed set perfectly. Plus they are just happy happy colors that make me smile inside.
Today we got a lot of little things done. Like the crap cleaned out of my closet door track that looked like the contents of a very nasty sink drain
And my grandpa painted my closet white for me so now it is brilliant looking and as wonderful as ever
Also, Brother Cluff came over and taught me how to lay ceramic tile so we got the main rows laid out and I just need to cut the edge pieces and finish it up. Then wait a day and grout it. Then wait another day or two and it will be done! And then I can start on the hall bath haha but that is much smaller and less immense of an ordeal.
But yes, this is my life. Apparently I am still living and somehow making progress even though it often seems as though I get nothing done.
And bonus-- I haven't failed college yet.
YET.

No comments:
Post a Comment