About Me

My photo
I believe in dedicating my life to the things I truly love. This is my way of sharing that love with you.

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Demand #1: Date me.

It's often said that a picture is worth a thousand words.. I feel like this is an easy one to list:
.
..
... 
woman

red

devil

expensive

snob

business

control

demanding

sexy
...
..
.

There are girls in this world who are never satisfied-- especially in the dating world.

First they say they never get asked out on dates.

Then they say they they get asked out at least weekly.

They complain that the guy didn't pay for everything.

Then they complain that its insulting to not let the girl pay for anything.

They complain that an expensive dinner and a show is just a guy making up for a lack of good personality.

Then they complain that inexpensive dates show that the guy doesn't see them as worth the money.

So pardon my language, but what the hell do they want?

----News flash----

It doesn't matter.

Now MannaDarlin'.... you're being too harsh. All girls are beautiful daughters of God who deserve the very best.

I agree.

But...

let's be realistic.

Here's some of the basic rules I personally have:

  1. Always say yes to a first date (unless you are currently dating someone, just broke off something serious and still have a couple days left on your week long allowance of moping around the house, OR if he's a TOTAL creeper. You can always deal with a tiny bit of creepy though.)
  2. Be a lady/gentleman and expect that your date will do the same. Manners and etiquette are necessary. I don't care if you think they are simply extra decoration, I deem them necessary.
  3. If you want to go out on a date with someone (whether you are a boy OR girl... ASK them out. I realize that we live in a society that is very much focused on men doing the initial work- (asking out on dates, paying, proposing...) BUT that doesn't mean that if you are a girl you can't have some pretend cojones and ask the dang boy out. However, for most of the time, I still see it as a man's role in life to be the one actively making an effort towards dating with girls properly receiving that effort.
  4. If you don't like someone, don't go on a second date with them. A majority of the time, you will be able to say after 1 date whether or not you could see yourself spending eternity with your date. There are exceptions to this so while further dates are not personally recommended, getting to know them better through group activities are still encouraged until you are positive they're a DB or are just not your type.
  5. If someone disappoints you, let them go. Immediately. I'm not taking about super minor stuff like, "oh! he didn't open my car door when we got out of the car to go in the restaurant" therefore I'm done with you. No. I'm talking about your date not showing respect or sending texts back like, "My day was good." 
These are the things that come to my mind at the moment....I could write a hundred more but these are some of the basics. Why do I share these? Because I feel slightly bad for those men who have to deal with the stupid little girls who simply don't get it. When it comes down to it, there are the girls who deserve dates every so often and hopefully those are the girls that land dates. There are also the girls who simply haven't earned dates. Don't worry about them too much. Still love them. Still be their friends. Still be in their lives but don't reward them for their selfish whining. 

If I were a boy (which I am SO grateful I am not!) I would focus my time on the girls who are going to make dating worthwhile. The girls who are going to appreciate a date rather than demand it. It's not always obvious as to who these girls are so you will have to go through some trial and error but eventually you'll figure things out. 

Good luck!

And girls-- DON'T be the devil who wears Prada.

No comments:

Post a Comment