Totally forgot a couple parts of my day yesterday.
My kids already knew about April Fool's Day so randomly during class Miffy pointed at the window and said, "Amanda! A UFO!!" Later another student said, "you dropped your money!" I almost fell for that one but as I started turning around realized that I had taken all of my money out of my coat that morning.
Yesterday was also Mars' birthday so I was invited to her birthday party at the school at 7pm last night. Luke and Melanie came with me on our way back from the JiaJiaYue and her mom brought a cake that she put Happy Birthday candles on and we sang Happy Birthday to Mars. It's kind of strange how many things here are exactly the same as at home. And it's kind of awkward when those worlds collide. When Melanie and I were climbing back up the 230 stairs to our room after running Thursday night there were some older students playing catch and started talking to each other in Chinese when we walked by and then said, "soooo sexy!!" which Melanie repeated and they started apologizing because they didn't realize that "sooo sexy" was English and not just something they said in China. Worlds apart but yet very much exactly the same.
Anyways.. I think that's all I missed. Just wanted to point out that I was cool enough to get invited to a Chinese birthday party. And that I got to eat 2 pieces of cake. Which I actually really missed. They just don't eat sugar here.

No comments:
Post a Comment