About Me

My photo
I believe in dedicating my life to the things I truly love. This is my way of sharing that love with you.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Go Live


Today I randomly pulled out my rollerblades and went rollerblading around my neighborhood for a half hour or so and while doing so I thought about the good ol' days back when I was young[er] and used to live and breathe the outdoors. I remembered the days playing street hockey, climbing trees, making magical potions, playing marbles, and things as silly as performing fake marriages. Now I look at my life as I daily devote most of what I do to school. School comes first and when the needs of sleep and food arise they are taken care of and the schoolwork continues. What happened to the fresh air? The magic spells and the perfect happily ever afters? Oh they're still out there but not quite as accessible as adding another tab on your laptop screen to join the world of Facebook or read about someone's life on a blog such as this. We need to stop flipping through out mindless daily activities and habits and go outside and live again. Roller-skate... climb a tree... sleep under the stars.... We can still live and appreciate life similar to how we did as children but we must DO it. You are not going to magically teleport outside while you are surfing through flair or reading the latest scoop from your favorite celebrity or while you are refuting a liberal column in the news. So get off your rear and go do something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment