About Me

My photo
I believe in dedicating my life to the things I truly love. This is my way of sharing that love with you.

Monday, September 14, 2009

Road Trip!

This past weekend (well 2 weekends ago now) Brianna and I ............. went on a road trip up to Cedar City Utah! Experience of a lifetime. If you want to loose your sanity-- plan a long trip where you just sit in a car for hours and hours and hours and hours while listening to the same music over and over and over and over again while eating tons and tons and tons and tons of junk food. I mean, look at us. This is only 3 hours into the trip and we already look a bit more freaky than usual.
So we went on this lovely trip so that I could visit beautiful Cedar and GeOFF and my other palios from camp except I failed because I did not go to see my other friends really.

See these lovely sunglasses? Yes they are Brianna's because I'm not sure I would buy anything so.... Brianna like. Boredom encourages you to do stupid things so I ended up wearing Brianna's sunglasses for a good part of the trip even though it was pitch dark outside. They do help with blinding headlights though.
Another sign of boredom. I began to take random abstract pictures. Yep. I was glad to get out of that car. Really though....... the drive wasn't even bad at all. It seemed really short and quite honestly I wouldn't mind doing it every weekend.
Um one of the nights there we played games. I absolutely love games. I cannot even tell you how content I would be to just sit and play games for a living. Funny story: we were playing Scattergories? (I think) and got a letter O. One of the categories was American president and for the life of me I could not think of a president whose name started with the letter O. Neither could Geoff or Brianna. Then it was Casey's turn to read his answer. Obama. Imagine that.
On the way home through Cedar Canyon (now one of my more favorite places in the world) we stopped at a pull out and looked at Navajo Lake. BEAUTIFUL.
Another car pulled up and both of the people had cameras so naturally I thought, hey here are some people that will be capable of taking a picture for us. So I handed the lady my camera and asked her to take a pic. I discovered shortly after that she most likely did not speak English and I am still trying to figure out why she had a camera because she was obviously an amateur.
We also stopped at this other rest stop where Brianna announced that we would be hiking up this trail in dresses and sandals. Go Brianna.
She showed me this sandstone with names carved in it (including her initials) and I added mine too above hers.
Well, just an A actually.
On the way back Brianna got stuck on a tree. I freaking love her expression.
WE were really hungry. And bored. Imagine that.
I slid down a rail for the first time in my life! So much amazing fun.
Brianna had fun too. I think. Yes. Definitely.
Brianna had to stop and pee again so I took pictures of beautiful Arizona. Yes, I did say beautiful. I'm still trying to completely convince myself.
And my shadow. How nice.
And when I got home..... guess what I found?! I had just dyed my hair a couple of days before we left and there was a love telling me that it loves me. So absolutely tender.
The end. Ya didn't really get any pictures while we were actually in CEdar. Oh well. Great weekend. Once again I was happy. And news flash-- Brianna and I finally realized that we're adults. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment