About Me

My photo
I believe in dedicating my life to the things I truly love. This is my way of sharing that love with you.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Jigsaw puzzles


One of my absolute favorite things to do are Thomas Kinkade jigsaw puzzles. Jigsaw puzzles are fun but Thomas Kinkade puzzles are even better. Why? Because they are one blur of color. I never look at the pictures that I am putting together. I merely begin sorting pieces. Once each pile of a certain design has been gathered, I mindlessly begin putting them back together. Most people find this absolutely pointless but there is a certain ease of mind that I get from doing this and those few hours of a calm mind sometimes feel absolutely wonderful.

So why am I talking about puzzles? Because today is a puzzle kind of day. I awoke straight into reality without those few beautiful minutes after you wake up to ease myself into the day. Most of my day will be filled with information being poured into my head and demands being shouted at me so a couple hours of silent mulling over the thoughts in my head sound absolutely glorious.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes, Amanda, I am reminded why you are my best friend in the world.

    ReplyDelete