I love this monologue in Home Alone 3:
Alex: "They're going to come after me tomorrow Doris. Nobody will listen. Not my parents, or Molly, or Stan, or the police or the Air Force. Nobody. So what do I do? If that means hide, you're wrong. If that means fight, you're right. They'll understand when I'm done. They'll know I was telling the truth. I'm not going to cry or feel sad or scared. They're grown-ups and they're criminals. This is MY neighborhood and this is MY house and no matter how old they are and how big they are they can't beat me here. They can't beat me at home.
I love the idea of home being a place of refuge, a place of safety, a place of peace. I love that my home is a place I have the confidence to conquer any battle. It was unbelievably relaxing to spend my entire day at home deep cleaning and then settling down for an evening of reading and playing piano. I'm grateful for the total satisfaction I find in standing on this holy ground.
I have a sign in my house that says, "Home: The storm stops here." I love that I can come home each day to a sanctuary of peace and love.


No comments:
Post a Comment