I've spent a fair amount of time this past week studying ants. Why? Because they and I share a location during Gospel Study time.
I just did my research on Wikipedia and various other intensely reliable websites found off of google search but I did not discover what I was searching for.
Why? 1-Because I'm too tired to care right now if I actually find the answer. 2- Because when I searched "Ant social behavior death" I just got a lot of suicide documents about Anti-Social Behavior.
So what was I trying to figure out? Well, I wanted to know how ants understood death. It's fairly often that you see ants transporting food or small rocks and twigs but I saw an ant carrying a shriveled up dead ant. And I want to know why. Maybe they eat each other. Maybe they bury their dead. Maybe there's something else going on that I can't think of right now because I'm so tired.
I don't know.
But I did learn that the reason ants travel in lines is because they use pheromones to mark their path and the ants all follow along the pheromone path to travel between their nest and a food source.
Very interesting
Goodnight.


You didn't know about the pheromones? That's surprising.
ReplyDelete