About Me

My photo
I believe in dedicating my life to the things I truly love. This is my way of sharing that love with you.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Back to business

I realize that my last couple blogs have been pretty wishy-washy.. Why? Because the passion was missing. That's the driving force between much of what I write. Passion. The things that make up who I am and are what I really care about.

So to make up for those I would like to discuss 2 things tonight.



1- Is it OK to not like someone anymore because of one little thing they do?

For example, there is a guy I know who I find attractive and interesting for a thousand different reasons. He is always smiling and making me laugh and defying "normal" and surprising me and making me think "wow." But.. he texts during church. Such a stupid little thing, but is it? That one little thing entirely changed the way I think about him. Is that rational?

I mean, everyone has their flaws and dumb little things that they do that people don't like so is it okay to just accept that this is his little irritating thing he does and still be entirely awed by him as a whole?

On the other hand, texting during church is one of the biggest red flags that I see in people. In my mind, it is HUGE. It is a sign of disrespect and makes you appear to have a very blazé opinion in the matters of church. The biggest reason this matters is that it most likely does not stop with texting during church. Most events are not isolated to a single setting or event but rather are reflections of your personality.

The way I see things, it only really matters if you're serious about this person. If you're just friends then hey, let it go-- it's their business. If you're looking for something more though-- it seems like an issue that should be addressed as simple and insignificant as it may seem.


2- I hate family relationships that are messed up. There is so much emotion involved.. Everyone seems to be more susceptible to being offended. They often fail to take responsibility for their own actions whether because of ignorance or pride. And the worst part? You can't throw it in their face because they are family. The entire point is to heal relationships rather than destroy someone further. 

So let's say you decide you don't want it in your life.. That you're entirely okay with letting go.. 
Well great.
But they're family. 
Utter frustration.
And cut to your soul pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment