About Me

My photo
I believe in dedicating my life to the things I truly love. This is my way of sharing that love with you.

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Forbidden Love

I just discovered an addiction of mine. And this picture goes with it perfectly. The funny thing though is that I recently realized I also used this picture for another post. Ooopies.

So... my addiction-- forbidden love.

I'm sure it's fairly common. We all want what we can't have and why would that be any different with love?

I like to use the example of 3-year-olds. This is the age of children I like least. They're devious and you aren't even allowed to hate them because they're still little. The part I want to point out though is that at that age (more than other ages usually) they don't want something until someone else has it. Example: 3-year-old child is happily playing with a ball. You pick up their doll. Suddenly, they're upset that they can't have their doll even though they were perfectly content without it before.

This is part of my forbidden love situation. There are and have been people in my life who I never fully appreciated until they were no longer available. Forbidden loves.

Then there are also the other types of forbidden loves. The guys who are too young. SUPPOSEDLY. The ones who are too old. The ones who aren't mormon. The bad boys. The bad influences. The liars.

It seems like most of the "men" in my life fall into the category of forbidden love. There are the genuine few that I love for who they are, not because they're forbidden loves. But I honestly think that part of the draw to the rest is because I've been told I'm not allowed. I'm not saying I wasn't still attracted to them for their personalities and blah blah blah whatever happens in a relationship. I'm just saying that me being rebellious was probably part of the draw. And especially a huge reason why I find it hard to let go. It's difficult for my pride to take a defeat against my rebellious side when I finally see reason.

My biggest question with these situations is that in truth.. do I want it?

And the answer is probably no.

Plus, it scares me to let go. But that.. is for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment