About Me

My photo
I believe in dedicating my life to the things I truly love. This is my way of sharing that love with you.

Friday, July 1, 2011

C.O.W.


Crush Of the Week

C.O.W.

I actually had this topic near the end of my list of desired blogs to write this Friday evening while I'm camped out listening to giggly girls

But something changed

I gave up on short term crushes a while ago so the interest of having "cows" while I was at EFY was not something I was interested in 

I was here to meet people that raised my standards and expectations of what a good LDS YSA can be and are.
Not to waste time on pointless crushes. 

But there was a boy who I found interesting and as soon as my girls knew it became a constant reminder

He dropped in my eyes and this last week I was excited to leave the drama 

Unfortunately (or possibly fortunately, even), on occasion I fall slightly in love with guys when I dance with them
And I happened to be teaching waltz at the Tuesday night dance this week

My girls said I blushed. That my eyes sparkled.
Apparently he reacted the same way.

Maybe. 

I have been boy crazy for so long and had my heart broken enough times that I try not to hope anymore. 
That sounds depressing so let me explain..
If I am interested in a guy I try to cut out the analysis of whether or not he likes me back and if things were to work out... blah blah blah...
That way, I build the relationship I want with them if things progress and I also don't get bits of my heart chipped off if I hope and dream of something that doesn't even exist.

So what happened tonight that changed? I happen to be my cow's cow. 
It's really quite simple and you may just say, so what? It is an EFY counselor crush. Temporary. 
That's not the point. Even if it never reaches past tonight I'll still love it for the same reason.

What reason? Well, it was a simple situation-- no drama. No fights. No lies. 
Just good fun-loving happiness. 
I barely remember what it felt like-- it has been so long. 

And maybe, just maybe, I am dreaming a little bit. 
Maybe I am imagining a happy future.
And maybe, there is a right person at a right time with the same views as mine.

Maybe.

But if not- I still can't stop smiling.

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure that's a yak, not a cow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's actually a Highland cow. I win. And his name is Hamish.

    ReplyDelete