About Me

My photo
I believe in dedicating my life to the things I truly love. This is my way of sharing that love with you.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Do the creep!!





Creeper: A person who does weird things, like stares at you while you sleep, or looks at you for hours through a window. usually a close friend or relative. you know right away if that person is a creeper or does creeper things. it is not hard to spot the creeper.
urbandictionary.com 
What makes someone a creeper?

Well, a lot of things. I would know. It all started with... well, I don't know actually. Perhaps it began with my first Teen Elect with that kid I've had a thing for since 7th grade. Perhaps it began with Luigi one year during Roadshows. Perhaps it began with my junior high photo albums, half of which are filled with candid pictures of the same boy. Perhaps it began with high school drive-bys back and forth each night past the same houses. Perhaps it began with viewing everything oncertain people's profiles. EVERYTHING. That's right-- I know when you first joined Facebook. How do you discover that? Read their wall allll the way back to the beginning.

And the funniest part is I'm still creeperin' on the same person I have been since 7th grade.

But that is currently irrelevant.

So---- let me explain something. There is a difference between being a creeper and taking place in the action of creepering.

I see creepering as fairly normal. Everyone creepers a little bit to find things out about people they are interested in. Everyone has that someone that they like more than the general population and therefore spend more time and focus more on them.

But being a creep-- it is when you take harmless creepering and turn it into excess obsession. There is a point when you need to take a step back and check to make sure your creepering effort is NOT flooring the scales against a returned attraction or interest. It is when you far past push the limits of balance between two opinions that you turn yourself into a creeper.

The difference between something being creepy or adorable (see previous post) basically comes down to how much the other person likes you back. The more the person likes you back and the more developed your relationship is means the more you can be creepering. If you have a new relationship and/or are unsure of the other person's status-- keep the creepering to a bare minimum (or at least don't ever let them know just how much you are creepering).

I'll throw out a theoretical story to demonstrate one of my greatest insecurities. Theoretically, there was a girl who didn't like making choices and therefore allowed her romantic relationships to develop on their own without decision on her part other than the decision to not decide. You're allowed to read that over a couple times until it makes sense. But then one day.. this girl.. theoretically met a guy who she didn't have to make a decision about. The answer was obvious-- she was crazy about him. And lucky her, theoretically, he liked her back. So she made a move-- something she had never done before. Something entirely out of character. Poor boy. Theoretically. If this were to have actually happened. And then she went through the mental battle of over-analyzing and wondering if she came off as a creeper. Did she tip the scales too far? Who knows.

Let me throw out a few indicators that come up as red flags warning that you are indeed a creeper--
...the person doesn't text you back or waits extended periods of time to finally return your message
...they are suddenly occupied with events in their life leaving no time for your plans together
...they become increasingly quiet (secretly hoping that you'll bore and eventually lose interest)
...they mention someone else they are interested in or that they have plans with that person
...they stop showing up places in which you would typically and usually do expect them
......

To wrap things up-- here are my points in writing this post:
1. Creepering is acceptable on levels equal or fairly close to the interest of the creepee. NOT acceptable when you're going overboard with a baby relationship or an entirely uninterested relationship.
2. I thought I had more points but honestly-- #1 is the key.

I don't know what will theoretically happen with the theoretical pair.

I don't know if anything will ever become of my 9-year crush.

But keeping the creepering in balance is ALWAYS a good idea.

Let's not freak people out.

At least pretend to be "normal."



Whatever that is.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment