I'm catching up on a list of partial blogs so forgive the randomness all at once.
There are two things (along with a few more) that people seem to notice a lot lately.
The first thing I never realized I did until fairly recently. Apparently I cannot make eye contact.
It's a little bit of an issue. When I'm talking to people I'll look down-- usually in the chest area which makes things awkward when I have little EFY girlies who I can't keep eye contact with. Catch my drift?
I've decided it is because I feel awkward making constant eye contact. Like really.... its awkward. It is.
So my plan to remedy this situation? I stare at one eye. Then the other. And back and forth and back and forth. It's screwing up my concentration of actually listening to the person but at least they don't keep freaking out because they think I'm looking at something on their shirt. Or, ya know.. that region.
The second thing I've become fairly notorious for is sarcasm. I absolutely love being sarcastic and rude. Not to the point where it is actually mean or creates a negative feeling but as a joke. I realize that even in a joking situation sarcasm can be degrading so I try to watch out for that.
Why am I sarcastic? I think it is a way for me to vent cheerfully. It comes naturally now without even a second thought. If someone asks me a question that I'm obviously going to reply yes to then instead I reply "no." I get a small amount of appreciation from each reaction as I defy being "normal" (again, whatever that means) and throw some of my rebellious humor into a simple conversation.



Hmmmm.......in many countries it would be good that you don't look people directly in the eyes, because to do so is considered rude there.
ReplyDelete