Yes, yes.... I realize I already have a post titled "Adorable." The thing is-- that word is growing on me. But it is actually a different version of the same root I'm interested in today.
Adoration or to adore: love and respect (someone) deeply.
It comes off as a bit less valley girl when you change it from adorable to adore. To me it seems to come off as more mature and permanent.
Honestly, I'm not at all sure where I'm going with this.. and it is kind of hard to concentrate because there is a really annoying sounding lady that sounds like she is in high school talking.
People always talk about "falling" in love at first sight..
I'll be honest, there is one person in my life that from the first moment I looked at him I felt something and it turned out to be a really amazing relationship.
But is that love? No..
I wonder though... is it possibly to adore someone at first meeting?
I think so.
There's another person in my life who I had seen several times before who until I met him, I honestly did not like. I thought he was cocky and full of himself.
However, from the first minute I actually started talking to him I adored him. Over time that adoration has grown and it amazes how much respect and ...... adoration I can have for one person. It is a good place to be in a relationship... not a crush. Not a heart throbbing love. Just someone I adore.
And another thing to add... I don't like the phrases "fall in love" or "fall out of love." It turns love into something that cannot be controlled. Not so.


No comments:
Post a Comment