About Me

My photo
I believe in dedicating my life to the things I truly love. This is my way of sharing that love with you.

Monday, November 9, 2015

Earthly Relationships

I wrote a short post a long time ago called Why Do I Like You? 
Over 4 years later, I now have a lot more to add.


Using the earth's layers as a model, I've condensed relationships into 4 areas.


1. Crust:
Person has x,y,z qualities which makes me like them.
These relationships are surficial and constantly changing, often just a momentary recognition of attraction before we move on with our day. While these are the relationships we encounter the most, they never reach significant depths.

2. Mantle:
I like who I am because of Person's x,y,z qualities.
This is the thickest layer of relationships- people we enjoy spending our time with because we like who we are around them. These relationships make us feel connected.

3. Outer core:
Person brings out quality attributes in ourselves.
This level of relationships not only brings companionship, but advocates an improvement in ourselves. It raises us to a higher standard through love.

4. Inner core:
Person loves me completely, therefore I love completely.
This relationship is absolute acceptance. It is at the very core of who we are and creates a solid center, radiating itself to our entire being.


No comments:

Post a Comment