A genius idea occurred to me while driving home tonight. I figured out why we like certain people. We always say we like a certain person because of things about them-- whether it is because they are funny or a kind person or..... (I really don't want to take the time to come up with a creative list.) But the point is, we tell ourselves that we like them because of who they are, right? And that is partially correct, but there is more to the situation.
We like people because when we are with them/in contact with them we like who we ourselves are.
Yes, I like that person because they are funny but really... I like them because I feel happy due to who they are. It is how we feel and react that creates our opinions.. not just the traits of the person.
This is really just a spur of the moment thought/idea so I am sure there is a lot more I could eventually add or learn on this topic but I think it is a brilliant start.
Seriously.. just think about it for 30 seconds.. it is an interesting perspective.

Exactly. I've been saying this for years.....
ReplyDelete