About Me

My photo
I believe in dedicating my life to the things I truly love. This is my way of sharing that love with you.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Holdin' back yo


Inappropriate YouTube videos shown at the beginning of classes. Profanity from teachers in lectures. Assigned project topics that are not kosher with my beliefs. Texting/playing games during church. Guys being DB to my friends. 

How am I supposed to react?

Obviously I'll react negatively but how much of that negativity and distaste am I actually allowed to display?

Ten minutes ago my teacher showed the class a video that was a mixture of all kinds of disgusting and f-bombs. Other people enjoyed it. I did not.

Would it have been acceptable for me to have stood up and walked out of the room? Borderline. Proper to stop the teacher during the clip and tell him it was inappropriate to show to a class? No. Adequate to send him an email after class and ask him to be more selective for future clips he chooses to show? Not really but what else can I do?

Or people on their phones during church........ Why are you even there? If you're going to be on your phone during church then you might as well stay home and stop distracting me. However, I am not allowed to tell someone that to their face because our world has made it socially unacceptable. 

Or guys that are being Dumb Boys to my friends-- how I WISH I could tell them to grow up and stop abusing my friends. I will tell my friends that--I owe them that much but I feel like saying much of anything to the boys/girls they're dating is going much too far out of my business. There are few things that get on my nerves more than relationships with an intermediate due to the fact that the couple are ineffectively communicating with each other. There's a reason that it is counseled to not talk to others about problems with your significant other.

These things just.......... frustrate me. I like saying exactly what I think and what is on my mind. The fact that I am not ALLOWED to say anything even if what I have to say could raise the standards of a situation boggles me all the way to a comforting cup of shaved ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment