Growing up I would go camping in Colorado with my family every summer for 2 weeks.
On the drive there and back my favorite thing to do was sing along with my grandpa to some cowboy tunes-- Don Williams and Pioneer Pepper and the Sunset Pioneers.
This past week as I was traveling, one of my favorite Don Williams's songs played in the car:
This past week as I was traveling, one of my favorite Don Williams's songs played in the car:
Some Broken Hearts Never Mend
Here are the lyrics:
Coffee black, cigarettes,
start this day, like all the rest,
First thing every morning that I do,
Is start missing you
Some broken hearts never mend,
Some memories never end,
Some tears will never dry,
My love for you will never die
Rendezvous in the night,
A willing woman to hold me tight,
But in the middle of love's embrace,
I see your face
Some broken hearts never mend,
Some memories never end,
Some tears will never dry,
My love for you will never die
I absolutely love these lyrics.. I can easily imagine this poor man's life each day. I can feel the weight of this burden he carries and the disappointment that no one can fill the void in his life.
I had quite a bit of time to think about a few different things the past several days. Listening to the lyrics of this song again threw another topic into the lot--
Do all broken hearts mend?
According to Don Williams, they don't. I know someone who 40-some years and a few marriages later is still heartbroken over a best friend they dated for a time in college but it ended up being a one-sided love.
That broken heart hasn't mended.
So.. what are your thoughts? Do all broken hearts eventually heal over time or are there some broken hearts that will never mend?
Coffee black, cigarettes,
start this day, like all the rest,
First thing every morning that I do,
Is start missing you
Some broken hearts never mend,
Some memories never end,
Some tears will never dry,
My love for you will never die
Rendezvous in the night,
A willing woman to hold me tight,
But in the middle of love's embrace,
I see your face
Some broken hearts never mend,
Some memories never end,
Some tears will never dry,
My love for you will never die
I absolutely love these lyrics.. I can easily imagine this poor man's life each day. I can feel the weight of this burden he carries and the disappointment that no one can fill the void in his life.
I had quite a bit of time to think about a few different things the past several days. Listening to the lyrics of this song again threw another topic into the lot--
Do all broken hearts mend?
According to Don Williams, they don't. I know someone who 40-some years and a few marriages later is still heartbroken over a best friend they dated for a time in college but it ended up being a one-sided love.
That broken heart hasn't mended.
So.. what are your thoughts? Do all broken hearts eventually heal over time or are there some broken hearts that will never mend?


Simply put it all depends on the person.
ReplyDelete