About Me

My photo
I believe in dedicating my life to the things I truly love. This is my way of sharing that love with you.

Friday, March 22, 2013

Wed/Thurs

To anyone who is wondering if I am still alive-- yes. I am. I'm forever behind in writing blogs and emailing but I think I have tomorrow morning off so I'll make an effort to catch up.

Wednesday 3/13:

Wednesday was the best morning I've had so far here in Weihai. I slept in a little and managed to get a shower in during a hot water period. I spent the morning preparing my lesson for the day and planning all of my lessons for the next week along with cleaning my room and washing/hanging up 2 loads of laundry. I even put on makeup! By the time we got to lunch I was feeling really good because I had managed to get ahead in all the things I needed done and my day was now stress-free.

After lunch we had an ILP training meeting during which Alicia finally gave us some sort of requirements for teaching. She just listed off how many lessons for each subject we're supposed to teach each week and how we need to format them in our lesson plans but I had just spent the morning finishing my lesson plans and barely felt like I was getting a grip on what I was already doing so suddenly all my good behavior for getting lessons done early went out the window. I can count the number of times I've almost cried since I got here on one hand and that was one of them. I actually went in my room and screamed into my pillow because I was so unbelievably frustrated. Later they told me that since I had already done lesson plans for the next week I could keep them the same and switch to the (once again) new curriculum the following week.

I know we did something fun that night because that was the reason I got my lesson plans done early but I was still mad about it for a few days so I stopped writing posts and now I can't remember.


Thursday 3/14:

Thursday we went and got noodles downtown again which is one of the best rewards here. It costs a grand total of $3 (USA) a person to take the bus downtown, eat dinner, and take a taxi home. When it is such a satisfying experience for that cheap, how can someone say no? After getting noodles we went to this night street market we stumbled upon and looked at a bunch of stands there. I bought a fake jade necklace I really like for 20 yuan which is about $3. We also bought a starfish that they cooked for us and showed us how to eat that Mark, Geoff, and I tried. Ya know that mushy green stuff in the arms? … yup that's what you eat and it's not so bad. I would probably eat it fairly often at home if we ate it there. And again.. its been so long since this happened which means I don't remember what else happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment