I am sorely disappointed in my Women's Studies book. Their argumentation is horrible. They drag out data to support their ideas and opinions and compile them to create what may appear to be a solid convincing argument. False. My English 102 class taught be better than this. My favorite thing to do was to write my rough draft arguing one side and then switch everything around so that by the final copy I was arguing the entirely opposite opinion which I usually didn't agree with. But the point is that I covered both sides. I not only told why one side was good but proved why the other side was lacking in comparison.Poor women's studies.
Poor feminism.
What have you come to?
Let's hit up some real liberal feminism
And read Mary Wollenstonecraft instead.
Because truly, her writing is lovely.
And intelligent.
Which my text book is not.
The End.

No comments:
Post a Comment