Sometimes your life becomes an endless cycle of school. . . tests. . . work. . . . friends. .. . drama. . . drama . . . drama.. . . . . drama........ well, you get my point.
And I get tired of it. Tired of pretending I'm polite. Tired of pretending I care. Tired of wishing you would just do the things you say you want. Tired of checking Facebook every time I become uninterest in another aspect of life and somehow expecting for something that will change things to appear on my screen.
But this is a rant for another day. Today was actually pretty nice. I hit the wonderful snooze button twice. Yes twice. Once is pointless and three times is excessive. I finished my notecard for my test and was on time for the bus. I got to complain about being in a hospital in my sign language class. And be rude about it because that is a lovely attribute of deaf people. I confidently filled in 90% of my geology test and decently BSed the remaining questions. I learned about biblical parallels paralleled in the bible. I ate two chili dogs and enjoyed them even though I don't even like hot dogs. I sang songs at the top of a stairwell with one of my absolute favorite friends as she showed me that ASU does indeed hold magic. I bought cheap anchor earrings that make me feel like dancing. I hid in the library barefoot while watching the NCIS premier I missed last night. I was a nerd for an hour while looking at rocks and becoming excited over the prospect of digging in the mud and finding glow in the dark rocks. I went to a meeting on a trip to Seattle and laughed with Jill about the prospect of my scholarship application actually getting accepted. I busted out my Mormon scriptures on the 1.5 hour trip home from school. I pretended I was healthy and ordered half of my shaved ice sugar free and then proceeded to feel like I was eating styrofoam for the next half hour. I released my mind from reality for 2 hours while I sat down and watched tv at my home for the first time in forever.
And now here I am. . . after this average day. . . . happy that it happened.
and still wondering why the random man at ASU thought me being barefoot was so odd and how because of that he needed to know my major and year in school.
also am still smiling at my conversation about mormons with the smoking guy selling jewelry. He has a CTR ring. "Because everyone needs to choose the right"
and. . . . still thinking about the snake pictured above. About how we eyed each other yesterday and he looked into my soul. I believe that snake knows some things I don't. There was just something about his look
These lyrics are not for you to copy. They are simply for you to read. My good friend from a couple years back wrote this:
I’m sorry that I’m not eloquent in all the things I say
I’m sorry that those butterflies elude me still today
I’m sorry I’m not perfect, in each and every way
I just want to be with you each and every day
I want you to know how I feel
I want you to be with me
I want you to know and I want you to believe that our love’s real
Also, a video of ASU's magic.

No comments:
Post a Comment