About Me

My photo
I believe in dedicating my life to the things I truly love. This is my way of sharing that love with you.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

High school

I think I might miss high school. Whenever I think of high school I see two things: 1- the drama drama drama oh my gosh I have a huge crush on this boy but he doesn't like me. sob! and this person is so not as cool as they think they are and oh no the creepy guy with the crush on me is coming this way... hide!  OR 2) choir, math competitions, lunch time adventures, make up nights, prom night. . .

But tonight, it is different. I realized how very simple high school was. You barely had to decide upon classes or teachers. They were simply picked for you. If a boy didn't like you it really just didn't matter and you weren't going to die from it. All relationships were temporary. Parents were more patient and forgiving for your poor choices. Heck, everyone was more patient and forgiving. Money was usually only needed for fun on the side dollar store trips. Eating cheese crisps for lunch every day was entirely acceptable.

It was completely normal to find your entire stash of junk food in your friend's shirt.

The more hideous you looked during a girl night, the better.

Boys existed to be stalked, not to be taken seriously.

Marriage and pregnancy and babies were only heard of in shushed corners and in the movies.

Ditching class meant hiding out in physics building the greatest roller coaster.

A piece of stinky orange gum was definitely worth a rice krispy treat.

Spirit week was the greatest opportunity to be creative.

Duct taping your teacher to a door was the best part of homecoming.

Black bras went perfect in combination with everyone's outfit.

Saying "oops" still created fear while I had scissors in my hand.

And.... every color had a meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment