About Me

My photo
I believe in dedicating my life to the things I truly love. This is my way of sharing that love with you.

Monday, December 20, 2010

In case you hadn't noticed before-- I'm a lyrics fanatic


What hurts the most was having so much to say and watching you walk away so I'll just dream of you tonight and pretend that tomorrow you'll want to hold me tight.

I wonder if you know you're all I think about at night because you're the only think that keeps me wishing on stars as I convince myself that you're only you when you're with me

I looked at you with that bright smile and sparkling eyes-- believed that you wanted to be with me until the end of time but you're lost in a different fantasy

I love to waste my time with you and keep you my dirty little secret

You beseech me to protect your paper heart 'cause you you you don't like my boyfriend

We were like children being told to behave but we've got a feeling-- check it and see

You're weren't surprised as we swayed like a lazy ocean hugs the shore

I waited for fact to come a fiction and I'm hoping you don't throw me away 

You steal my breath spinning in captivating circles knowing you would always be everything

After 100, 1000 times of telling you I love you I was still calling to see

I'm in love with a fairy tale even though it hurts but who cares? I'm already cursed seeing butterfly kisses and believing two is better than one

I can't take a chance on a guy like you 'cause hon-- you're only a child.

You were a melody in my head stuck on replay

I thought you were all that I wanted as you laid there in my arms
Saw the sign to Ocean Avenue where we could stay up all night
Loved listening to the beat of your to the beat of your to the beat of your heart

And i say bend me, break me any way you need me 'cause I'm a Barbie girl
But all I wanted was for you to love me with all that you were and hold me as I fell asleep
Why? So when the world was closing in I could breathe
Apparently you mind standing in the nonexistent pouring rain here where I belong

I'm a beautiful girl whose face is a map of the world
But 100 days and 1000 lies later I wake up terrified of the happy nightmares
So here I am dark blue looking at how far I've come.
Back to head strong open toes listening to the prayer of the children
In the quiet, beautiful, misty morning telling my secrets to that world where I lock out my fears
Because somewhere over the rainbow, the roads aren't forever lonesome

No comments:

Post a Comment