I decided this blog was getting a little bit boring so I've added a twist at the end
I've been working on the dining room/living room area lately-- ceilings are finished, painting is finished except for a couple last touches, AC has been replaced with new vent covers, the mirror has been half washed, and I'm almost done putting in hardwood flooring in the dining room.
I'm still not sure how to arrange the couch since it has to be facing this stupid thing called a tv but no worries, I'll throw the furniture around some day and make it work
The reason the flooring has been taking so long is that I've beeen looking for a piece to go on the edge where it drops down into the living room and said piece really doesn't exist for my floor so we've finally decided to improvise.
my bookcase is huge and I've already moved over all the books I own and it's not even close so filling in those gaps is another future project of mine.
So here's the twist-- as I was cutting the last row of hardwood flooring today I somehow fed my finger to the saw. Right after we just put a sharp blade on it. Bad idea? YES. I cut half an inch of the side of my index finger "off." not actually off because it's still hanging in there but you get the idea. So then what did I do? Washed it off in the sink and apparently my dislike for nasty cuts and blood is more severe than I realized because as I was getting ready to walk out the door to head over to urgent care I blacked out and smacked my head on either the wall or the tile floor. No one's actually sure.
I told my mom to stop by my neighbor's first to see what he said (Doc Layton) and he said throw a bandaid on it so Dottie did so and I have been sleeping all afternoon with love given to me by 2 extra strength Tylenol.

Oh Geez Amanda, I hope you are doing ok? On the bright side your house looks good!
ReplyDeleteI'll be just fine, thanks. Just one of those epic moments. And thanks about the house!
ReplyDelete