While you are wasting your time reading this post please listen to the song below. I have even provided a YouTube link for you. It's a new favorite of mine.
Burning in the Skies - Linkin Park
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCOfKVGN3s8
This is what I look like most days lately. . . . . my nasty work outfit, eye and ear protection for using the tile saw, and an expression of complete exhaustion.
Hey so remember when I started tile? Well I'm done! Kind of. There is still an area in the garage that I want to do but the house part is finished.
Let's flash back to this bathroom. . . . the one with the nasty linoleum floor and grimy bathroom tiles. Actually- - - grimy everything.
Well it is now clean. CLEAN.
Clean shower, freshly painted walls, new tile, different toilet, new towel bar, shower rod and curtain instead of glass doors. . . .

I'm still going to do a border along the edge of the 2 colors of paint but other than that it is finished.
And just in case you are severely worried, which I'm sure you're not.... NO that bath rug is not staying in there. It's Jacque's and that was simply a temporary home.
Even Randall commented on it's awful color clash. RANDALL.
So yes the tile is done in my bathroom/room. Finished. Grouted. DONE.
It's rather quite exciting.
We've also been working on doors lately. Here is a before and after picture of the door. And yes I do realize that they are opposite sides of the doors but chillax, it's okay.
I would just also like to say that the "ugly" door picture was probably the best looking door in the house.
In addition to working on door doors, my mom and grandparents have also been working on closet doors. More specifically-- Jacque's.
Pictures just can't even explain the difference. They just can't.
I also tiled the hall bathroom floor. I think this tile is boring but we got it to match the rest of the house tile and in the end I thought it ended up looking pretty super.
I decided to use my finger to grout the floor instead of the stupid little float. I now have a swollen finger with several missing layers of skin. It's quite retarded looking.
Also, when you're tiling a floor, don't decide to stand up while you have a counter corner directly above you. It leaves nasty cuts and bruises on your back.
And no, that is not my rear crack. It happens to be my back bone.
So now, the hall closet is also finished. Except for the door. . . but we'll ignore that part.
I got tired of tiling between bathrooms and decided to finally paint the living room which was actually the first thing I wanted to do with my house but other priorities came first.
This is my $15 5 gal. of lovely green paint. Yes, green. Apparently I am obsessed.
Here are some before and after pictures of the living room!
This weekend will be hardwood flooring in the dining room and carpet in my room and the living room hopefully. HOPEFULLY. We'll see. . . . . I've learned that these things take at least 3x longer than I think they will.
In the meantime, when I've been lazy and missed having a life. . . .
I made a cake!
The cake never actually made it to a plate but we all enjoyed eating it straight out of the pan for a week or so.
I bribed Stephannie to have dinner with me by offering my deep fried nasties. Yes, the entire meal was a deep fried nasty. Mozzarella sticks, mushroom bites (which were disgusting BTW), tater tots, french fries, onion rings. . . . I think that was it.
Oh, and I did finally get a cookie sheet. But really- - - just straight foil ain't so bad.
It amazes me how we think we take semi-normal pictures and we usually just end up looking like freaks.
I've been spending a lot of time with this retard lately. We love having hate parties about school and life. I'm almost sad to say too that she actually took this picture herself. On purpose. Although I might be more scared if this was a random picture on accident.
I painted Brianna's nails with my new nail polish detail stuff. Then she took it off and painted horcruxes on each finger for the Harry Potter premier. I couldn't even be sad about that.
Randall came down from Idaho last week so we had a life for 5 days. Although if by "having a life" means spelling out boys' names with Jenga blocks then I should probably reconsider the meaning. In their defense, we were just waiting for the midnight of Burlesque to start and it was getting a little dull.
I also worked on my geology project last week. I spent a few hours hoping I wouldn't get jumped by a homeless man while I mapped out a road cut.
Here's my poster. Apparently it was pretty fantastic because my professor came up to me and me only at the beginning of class next day and commented on what a good job I did.
As for roommates-- it's going pretty good. Kendra bought a paint set last night so she painted while I didn't write my paper like I was supposed to.
As for things now, just 3 more days of classes and a few hours of death. Then it's over and I can starting sweating over my house again.
Life is great.

No comments:
Post a Comment