About Me

My photo
I believe in dedicating my life to the things I truly love. This is my way of sharing that love with you.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A resting place for exhaustion.

It's getting there. Last week we worked on last minute prep work before carpet
 Apparently I was not the only one who noticed the air under one of my tiles. So one of the carpet guys took it out. Along with another for some reason. 
I replaced the two tiles but have not yet bothered to grout them
 So--- carpet. My bedroom, my closet, the living room, and the hall closet all were carpeted last week. 

And I've gotta say. . . . it's kinda nice.
 I even have a bed now. YES, A BED. Dearest Brianna and I threw it into Jimmy and brought it's lovely self to a new home. 
 Brianna did not want to model her lavish mormon attire.
 So here is my lovely new room. It all matches and I find that to be absolutely lovely. There are still things I need to move in and clean up and move around but for the most part, I think it's done.
 Dearest Brianna was fascinated by braiding my string door. Fish tail!!!
 I escaped from reality for a while Saturday and inserted myself into another reality. 
I joined GeoClub on a trip to Ray Mine up past Superior.  
 It's really quite a dazzling view even if a majority of the beauty is due to human hands.
I never understand why people think they're funny when they're really not. "Caution: Tripping Hazard" no big deal, right? 
 That is, unless those signs are found inside a 10 foot tall metal scooper.
 They gave us the most adorable of accessories to wear. . . . We even got to wear them in the car. 
Yes, hard hat, darkened safety goggles, and steel toes. 
Welcome to feeling like a retard. . . 
But I enjoyed it.
And am still wondering how it was so dangerous for me to walk around in the dirt and why all that gear was necessary. 

 Let me give you an idea of how big some of the trucks they operate there are. I'm not sure if this was the biggest but just look at it next to that school bus 
 Same truck. It was like a moving house.
 Apparently those trucks each cost $8-9 a minute to operate. But no worries. . . . . one truck full sells about $40,000 in copper
 Here's some chrystacola that they pumped out of the ground. When mixed with HCl (hydrochloric acid) the copper can be extracted. 
 AWESOME mud cracks. It was like a miniature Grand Canyon. Well, canyonS. 
And I might have felt like a 5-year-old when I jumped all over them and had them cave under me.
 We went inside the place where they extract the copper. He said if we were afraid of heights to not come in which I found strange since it didn't appear that you would be anywhere high up. 
I didn't realize there was a 3 story drop to the floor 
 Broken up rocks from which they extract the chrystacola 
 Copper water.
 This didn't turn out but as we were walking out of the building a few of us happened to notice this and well, it worried us a bit. Once we finished laughing. 
On the left hand side it says "15 days since last incident!" 


What to say. . . finals are finally over and somehow my days are still filled. 
Sleep. Sleep is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment