About Me

My photo
I believe in dedicating my life to the things I truly love. This is my way of sharing that love with you.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My perfect occupation

I know what my perfect job would be-- I would fix the mistakes in movies. It's kind of like Monk's editing job except fantastically better. 
I would catch mistakes in movies before they were released to the public
Things like in Cheaper By the Dozen in the scene at end when Bonnie Hunt's sunglasses fall off her head when the little nerd child runs into her arms and then suddenly a second later they're back where they belong. Amazing!
Or National Treasure. . . . don't even get me started. I had a 2 page list I made of all the corrections that needed to be made in that movie. 
And poor Stephannie. . . she had to sit through me watching Harry Potter 7 Part 1 for the second time while I started listing all the ways they screwed up. 
Don't get me wrong. . . . it was a lovely movie. Dobby was wonderfully portrayed and yes of course I cried when he died. 

But really. . . . some things. . . . I just don't get. Let me list just a few among the many I caught
1- Mad Eye and Mundungus Fletcher were supposed to be together. . . looked like to me when he flew past Harry that he was riding solo. . . and why did he not take off at the same time as the others? Doesn't that foil his plan?
2- Why did Hagrid randomly pass out? Um hello he is key in saving Harry in that scene. They're supposed to go through the shield right after Lucius's wand is destroyed. That really did not happen in the movie. 
3- The patronus/dementor set-up was screwed up. The point of Umbridge's cat was to protect the ministry workers by parading in front of them while the dementors were sucking the happiness out of those being questioned. Didn't happen. ANDDDD I am so glad to know that old-fashioned lift doors will protect me from dementors. I'll remember to keep them shut next time I'm attacked. 
4-And when they first disapparated? It was supposed to be a random mostly empty street that Hermione was familiar with. I do not think Piccadilly Circle qualifies as that even if they do take a side street off of it. 
One last thing. . . . .  Rufus Scrigemour. I kept thinking he was Marcus from New Moon. 
See the similarity? 
But no, he is actually Davy Jones. I realized this after the intensely long close up of his wrinkly eyes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment