About Me

My photo
I believe in dedicating my life to the things I truly love. This is my way of sharing that love with you.

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Why I Hate Boys


 Every once in a while... I take that back.. QUITE often you're bound to run into groups of girls that are boy haters.

One of my favorite people in the world once brought up this topic about how he knows so many girls who simply hate boys. 

Truth is, I am one of them.

Possibly even a leader... I was the one to throw an "I hate boys" party as my house prom night. We still have the posters we created sitting around somewhere..

I've been asking myself lately, why do I hate boys? 
This is what I've come up with:
-I hate boys because I have no control over them. 
-I hate boys because their lives and thought processes are far less complicated.
-I hate boys because they're unobservant and unaware of their surrounding situations and people.
-I hate boys because the world is constantly boosting their masculinity as they perform "manly" jobs.
-I hate boys because they're slaves to their physical needs whether its eating or sex.
-I hate boys because they can dispose of women will few to no consequences.
-I hate boys because they unintentionally (and sometimes intentionally) play with my emotions and leave me confused, consumed in thoughts and questions that can never be answered. 
-I hate boys because they don't have to work as hard to get the same results as women.
-I hate boys because they're selfish- always catering to what it is they want.
......
.....
....
...
..
.
This could go on for a while..

Here's the problem- a majority of the boys I know aren't these things.
My boy friends are absolutely amazing people that I admire and strive to be more like.
I enjoy spending time with them far more than I do with most girls.

To explain then why I, and many other girls, hate boys, we have to zoom out a little bit.

I hate boys as a whole because in general, I perceive them as all of those things.
This perception is a compilation of many things-- movies, ex boyfriends, failed father figures, and not taking the time to get to know boys individually-- only judging poorly from a short encounter.

It's not that I hate boys-- its that I hate what my anger and frustrations have created the term "boy" to mean.

Agree?

2 comments:

  1. This is why there is a difference when someone is called a boy, and when someone is called a man.

    ReplyDelete