About Me

My photo
I believe in dedicating my life to the things I truly love. This is my way of sharing that love with you.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Plays: 100+

I'm one of those people who has a difficult time listening to an entire song. Yes, the annoying one who switches songs 2 minutes in. I'm trying to cure this with Pandora and I think it might be helping a little bit. 

The thing is, there are a few playlists and songs especially that I love playing on repeat over and over and over again. I was thinking about those songs today and was wondering what they say about me. Here are my thoughts-

Coming in first with 841 plays on my iTunes: 
Latika's Theme- Slumdog Millionaire
I am obviously obsessed with this song. One reason it has so many plays is because I used to listen to it as an attempt to fall asleep. To me, it is the absolute perfect love song. Listening to it, I connect with the dreams it embodies and feel hopeful. It's just one of those songs that each time I listen to it, I seem to fall in love with the idea of love all over again.

Smile- Uncle Kracker
I've written about this song before and its one of those songs that I play because I've connected it with someone in my life. It is guaranteed to make my day a little bit better because it reminds me of the happiness I have found due to them. 

I Think I'm Paranoid- Garbage
I don't play this as much anymore but its a song I used to connect to on a very personal level. 
Here are a few of the lyrics--

You can look, but you can't touch
I don't think I like you much
Heaven knows what a girl can do
Heaven knows what you've got to prove

I think I'm paranoid
And complicated
I think I'm paranoid
Manipulate it

Bend me, break me
Anyway you need me
All I want is you
Bend me, break me
Breaking down is easy
All I want is you

I fall down just to give you a thrill
Prop me up with another pill
If I should fail, if I should fold
I nailed my faith to the sticking pole

Steal me, deal me, anyway you heal me
Maim me, tame me, you can never change me
Love me, like me, come ahead and fight me
Please me, tease me, go ahead and leave me 

This song was popular in my life when I used to be this girl-- a sexy mess of manipulation. The story of someone who fed off of being irresistibly desired but still completely alone because she pushed everyone away. I would listen to this, disappointed in the person I had become, but not willing to let go.

May I- Trading Yesterday
This song iterates something I want more than anything else in the world-- 
May I hold you
as you fall to sleep,
when the world is closing in
and you can't breathe.
May I love you.
May I be your shield.
When no one can be found
may I lay you down.

All I want is to keep you safe from the cold...
to give you all that your heart needs the most. 

It's the fairytale that I dream about every single day.. both to have this song directed towards me and also to have someone in my life who I feel this way about. 

I'll Be- Edwin McCain
I'm genuinely surprised this is as far down on my list as 5th. This is another song I associate with someone and fall in love with every time I listen to it. My favorite lines are:

"And rain falls angry on the tin roof as we lie awake in my bed. And you're my survival, you're my living proof, my love is alive and not dead."

It takes me back to a moment in my life when both myself and a guy I love could say we finally figured out what it meant to love someone.


So........ what does all of this say about me? It's said that you can tell a lot about a girl from her favorite songs. 

There are a few reoccurring topics-- love, being genuine, making things personal..
I suppose I am flooding my mind with the things I really want-
I want someone in my life who I fall in love with every single day.
Who makes me smile.
Who I can spend time with and simply be me.
Who I'll let be part of my life.
Who will genuinely love me.
Who proves the existence of a very real love.

Or so my music selection tells me..

No comments:

Post a Comment