About Me

My photo
I believe in dedicating my life to the things I truly love. This is my way of sharing that love with you.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Spontaneity

Last week I ended up watching some really.... interesting shows in the middle of the night. A telenovela, the Office, a dating show... Truly.. middle of the night shows but there was very much a reoccurring theme, especially in the weirdo dating show--

SPONTANEITY

That was the catchphrase: "I am spontaneous!" and don't you just love me because of that??
So that got me a thinkin' 
Why is spontaneity so fan-freakin-tastic? 

Here's what I've decided--

Most people expect the worst from people
We have come to accept the frequent occurrence of disappointment and it becomes natural to not expect what we once hoped to be standard

Often when someone is spontaneous, they rise to the standard that we had fearfully given up hope for. 
And who wouldn't love being pleasantly surprised by a spontaneous decision when we expect so little from them?

It is not necessarily the spontaneity itself that peaks our interest in someone-
it is them giving us a little bit of hope that we may not always expect the worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment