About Me

My photo
I believe in dedicating my life to the things I truly love. This is my way of sharing that love with you.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I See the Best of Me Inside Your Eyes


One of my favorite songs is Smile by Uncle Kracker-- not because I think the music is very good. Not because the lyrics are anything special. I like it because every once in a while there are those days when nothing special really happens and yet all I want to do is smile. It seems that every time one of those days occurs I get this song stuck in my head.
Last week I had one of those days and as I was beginning my hour-long dreaded force-myself-to-sleep routine I was singing this song and decided to pull it up on YouTube so the music wasn't just voices in my head. 
I'm huge into lyrics and this line from the song caught my interest: "I see the best of me inside your eyes." I'll admit.. I'm kind of in love with it.

You see, there are people in our lives (hopefully!) who just make us smile. They make any moment a good memory and bring peace during the emotionally chaotic moments of our lives.

And the best part is- those are the people who give us the strength to be everything we want to be and to truly see the best of ourselves. When we're with them we can stop beating ourselves up for all the dumb little things that we don't do right and take a moment to see a beautiful person- because unbelievable as it may be in your mind, that is how they see you.
For a moment you "see the best of [yourself] inside [their] eyes"--
you are:
beautiful
funny
brave
smart
talented
and yes, even cute.

Possibly even adorable.

You make me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment