a·dor·a·ble/əˈdôrəbəl/
Adjective: Inspiring great affection; delightful; charming.
That is a baby porcupine BTW.. Apparently someone finds it adorable. I just feel bad that such a mushy little thing already had 100 needles shoved out its back.
I have favorite words and I'm kinda sorta hoping that other people do too but even if they don't I'll throw out the line I use all the time of "why would I ever want to be normal?"
I like the words DREAM and LUCKY and SHAVED-ICE but one word that I've found especially interesting and pertinent in my life is ADORABLE.
Why?
Well, it all started with a midnight text message while I was laying in a sleeping bag on the floor of my closet trying to get some sleep..
I asked a guy I am friends with what 1 word he would choose to describe me. Any guesses on what he said?
We'll just assume you're right.
So that got me thinking... adorable.. different than "cute" thank goodness because "cute" is a horrible word. I tried to define it on my own and I came up with something along the lines of "attraction due to embarrassingly sweet childlike actions"
Adorable.
Let's just say I was confused at being deemed adorable like unto a big nasty teddy bear or that "cute" little animal seen above.
Then it happened again. No I was not in my closet in a sleeping bag. I actually do sleep on my bed a fair amount of the time. This time it came from another guy who seemed to enjoy saying "you're adorable" to me. Gross not in a sappy way.. geez don't think that. In a way that he was teasing me but yet entirely sincere.
And after a while I figured it out. When you see people's personalities... who they are and who they spend their life trying to be... and maybe even fall a little bit in love with them... they become adorable in your eyes. Kind of an encompassing emotion that can't really express your admiration and enjoyment of this person you deemed adorable.
Adorable is a word that means a lot to me.
And again.. shut up with the "OM that sounded so sappy" because really-- it's "awww... tender!"
Which I love.


No comments:
Post a Comment