About Me

My photo
I believe in dedicating my life to the things I truly love. This is my way of sharing that love with you.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Boyish characteristics that don't get a smiley face on your checklist

I love venting on this blog. LOVE releasing all the frustrations built up inside. In the past week I've been irritated over and over again by things that guys my age do that frustrate me. 10 being mild to 1 being where I can hardly keep from sending a punch. These 10 things are ones I came up with in the past week so its entirely possible that there are more things that take precedence over ones listed here but for now here's what I have. 

I'll add a quick disclaimer for any of you who are going to get your whitey tighties in a twist-- I like men. I really do.. There are just some certain things that make me call certain men boys. If I call you a boy (which honestly I will most likely not do to your face-- I'll just write a blog about you.) it is because I feel like you are not living up to your expected maturity level. 
Now... I'm not saying that there aren't exceptions. I'm just saying that for the most part-- you're irritating me. But seriously.... don't freak out. Don't get butt hurt. Just take any criticism constructively.

10:
Boys who forgot this thing called a hair cut after their mommy stopped pampering them.

This is one way I enjoy sorting freshmen. You can often predict who is more mature by their appearance. Hair cut.. if they shaved or not.. if their clothes match/are clean.. 

This is number 10 for a reason.. there are some guys who look good with longer/disheveled hair. Or shaving-- I have a friend that occasionally skips a few days shaving and I find it super attractive. 

For for the majority of you... its bad enough when children have nasty hair like this but please, for the women in this world... be a big boy.

9:
Drunk boys. 

For both boys and girls I find intoxicated people extremely disheartening. I'm not saying they're not funny-- on the contrary they are often hilarious and a wonderful source of entertainment but its also depressing watching someone lose their agency to act on their own will to the point when all they can do is sit in a corner with a blank smile on their face while they toss their cookies.. or I suppose lack of cookies and more just straight alcohol. 
Last week one of the girls on my Boston trip decided she was going to consume 3 vodka and 1 cosmo drinks to aid her boyfriend problems. I should have told her lettuce does the trick. She came back to the hostel entirely wasted and although it was fun watching her it was sad that she couldn't do things as simple as brushing her teeth and putting her pajamas on. and holding all the alcohol in. *vomits*

8:
Boys with long sideburns.

Long sideburns are even nastier on boys than they are in this picture. I really don't have much to say about this other than-- either shave or don't. None of this nasty in between crap.

7:
Boys who fold two pieces of pizza together so they can eat it faster.

Puhleeeeze is seriously necessary to eat 2 pieces of pizza at once? Ew.. ew ew ew. I realize that America is all about saving time and everything is busy busy busy but still... that's gross. Just eat your food normally and chew. Pizza is not to be inhaled. If you're looking for something to inhale try something a little less legal.

6: 
Boys who frequently reply with short text messages. 

One of my absolute favorite things is checking my phone to see a call or text from a guy I care about. Even if it is me initiating the conversation, I appreciate hearing from them back. However, nothing will irritate me faster than short dead end replies. Example: "k" "lol" "hey" "thats cool" "sure"

Seriously?? If you don't want to talk to me then just DON'T. Do not waste my time with meaningless texts asking me how my day was or replying with things that were entirely unnecessary for me to read. Also-- it is not necessary that you must always send the last text. ESPECIALLY when you make sure you send the last text by replying with one of the examples above. 

Viewing this in reverse-- something that will send you straight to the top of my list of best guys in my life are texts that not only answer my question but go further into detail. For example, if I ask you if doing anything tonight you can say "no" OR you can say "no I'm blah blah blah with blah blah blah and blah blah blah." or to give one of the latest replies I appreciated- I asked what his job was and he could have simply said the title but no, he told me the title and what the company's purpose was and what different tests were performed and future projects...  Even if I didn't give a crap what he told me it still shows that I was worth 30 seconds of his time to text more than two words. 

5:
Boys who chew and spit sunflower seeds.

This is a disgusting habit that often replaces an even more disgusting habit of chew tobacco. First off-- it stereotypes you down to the level of idiot. Second-- its not actually attractive to watch you fill up an empty water bottle with spit soaked shells. 
I would like to categorize gum as the next step in therapy after chew and sunflower seeds. Chewing gum is not always bad but honestly chewing gum while you're giving a talk in church or are in a situation when you're supposed to come off as professional makes you come off as less than attractive and appealing.

4:
Boys who feel the need to always upsize what the girl ordered. 

This boy peeve is formed for the most part from the hours I have spent waiting for Bahama Bucks customers to order. I HATE when a girl orders one size and then the guy orders one size larger than her. I'm not saying sometimes I don't side with guys on this-- if my date ordered a baby size I wouldn't get the same as her. That's okay. It's when you make it into a stereotype that "men" should eat more than women and be the "man" in the relationship that you start irritating me. 

3:
Boys with long fingernails and/or toenails.

Seriously-- check out this creeper's pictures. I really want to send this to the police to take the creeper off the streets because after looking at some of these pictures I am entirely creeped out. https://picasaweb.google.com/purdyfaller
Long nails gross me out. On myself and on other people. I was raised playing piano, violin, and cello so my nails were always short. They still are and if you catch them leaning towards the long side- trust me, I am in more pain than you. I realize that cutting your nails is required fairly often but it takes 1 minute. That's it. It's really not that difficult. Just don't cut them in public like on a bus. No one wants that hitting them in the face.

2: 
Boys who use phrases like, "Get the F out of my bed." 

This is a touchy matter for me. I have heard so many guys retelling their latest "I got drunk so we slept together and in the morning she wasn't as hott as when I was drunk and I got what I wanted from her so I told her to get the F out of my bed." I can't even begin to tell you how disgusted I am by the people who share those stories. It is sad watching girls on the walk of shame. Sad that there are guys that douchy in the world. Sad that the girls would degrade themselves to that level. Sad that such a thing is not only common in our world but is thoroughly accepted. 

1:
Boys who I can't trust. 

There are the boys who love to full fledge lie to me.. however, those are not the ones that this is directed to. This is directed to the lies that are to keep me from feeling hurt. The lies that show you don't trust me or respect me enough to share your thoughts. The lies that have destroyed my life and I'm sure so many other people's lives. 
I've never understood why it is so hard for so many people to tell the truth. The WHOLE truth. You don't want to go out with me? OK cool just let me know. You don't agree with one of my opinions? So? You're entitled to have your own say. You met someone new? I get it.. but don't lie to me. I'm a big girl. I can handle it. I love the truth no matter how much it hurts. I will NEVER give you crap for telling me the truth even if it is something I don't enjoy hearing. But lying to me-- that is so much harder to heal. 

People always wonder why I don't accept compliments. Why? Because I am tired of compliments being lies that I have been told because that is what the guy thinks I want to hear. When I have been lied to my entire life-- why should I suddenly believe the truth? There are exceptions in this. There are a couple people that I believe when they give me compliments and I can list exact times when they've said something that I believe. But they have also never lied to me.

SOOO.... to brighten up this depressing post- let me tell you something that I absolutely love. 

I love eyeliner on guys. 

I thought I might die of happiness when I saw Jack on Burlesque. Everyone has their type that they're attracted to whether it is because of an accent or hair color or height or that they are outgoing...

My type is Jack. The apparent bad boy who is good to the core. I'm really not huge into guys because of physical characteristics but I think Jack with his eyeliner and tattoos and toned body is down right sexy. 

And I love his personality. I love that he is a backstage wonder. He is someone to confide in. Someone to trust. Someone who always makes you laugh as he offers you cookies with a decreasing amount of clothing on. Someone who has a strong personality but can see reason. Someone that you don't notice until one day they say something and from that point you're entirely intrigued. 

Bwahaha but the kind of guy I'm likely to fall for is to be saved for another post. If ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment