I feel like Ben and Jerry always seem to understand me. They understand that 1000 calories in a carton is my max calorie consumption for one item. They understand that Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream soothes broken hearts and shattered dreams. And this time around, they understand that I'm FAIRLY NUTS.
I have this.... problem. It's not so much a problem as it is a way I live my life. A way that often puts me in situations of extreme stress and embarrassment. Well, embarrassing if I could actually bring myself to care. You see, I'm an analyzer. I analyze people. I analyze situations. I analyze relationships.... But sometimes things happen that disrupt that calm analysis. I have this wonderful plan all figured out in my head and a single breath later it is all snatched away. So what do I do? I panic. Why? Because my wonderful plan was already riding along the edge of actually working out and new changes come so close to pushing things over the edge that it seems like only a temporary wind is holding things together. At least that's what I think. It may not actually be as unstable as I think but I never give things long enough to play out and see. So what exactly do I do? I make as rational of a decision as I can and quickly throw out questions that people just... don't ask. I hate that the world is so conformed to what is supposedly acceptable. IT'S STUPID. I don't understand why if someone has a question they really care about they have to spend all this extravagant time and efforts to getting an answer by taking the long way to get there. Oh wait... that's what I was doing with my original wonderful plan that I spent so much time analyzing and checking for errors. So to answer that question... they do it because it is so much less awkward. It avoids putting people on the spot and it avoids so boldly hearing answers you are terrified of receiving.
But maybe, just maybe. . . .
that 0.01% of the time....
it actually works.


No comments:
Post a Comment