Dear [...],
I didn’t know what to say,
So I decided to get some help.
I first asked someone to write something that rhymed…
“The approach of Winter has us all in a stir…
Along the Formal lines a shout can be heard:
“[...], [...], you’re my man…
If I can’t take you nobody can!!!”
Now, this may seem an odd rendition,
But if you can’t figure me out, you’ll be in perdition!”
Well, that didn’t work, so I decided to ask for something a little more friendly.
“Roses are red,
Violence is too.
The Christmas Dance is coming,
And I’M GOING WITH YOU!”
ALRIGHT!! That wasn’t me. I swear it was that crazy guy who lives on our couch. We threw that couch out Years ago, and he’s still there! Well, umm…, I started looking for something a little less threatening…
”My Darling
How I long to see your face and tell you who I am,
Yet you must figure it out of your own accord.
And though, this is a part of the dating game,
My heart is pained at your slightest discomfort.
How sorry I am to leave you hunting in the dark!
I can’t bear to see you lost and alone for long.
Your every joy brings me smiles and your sorrows, Agony.
I cannot live without you!!”
WHOA!!!!
Someone’s been watching entirely too many operas.
“To whom it may concern:
Contained in this document is the outline of the proposal in which Party A (the asking party) requests the company of Party B(you) at an organized and supervised social gathering in which many good-natured remarks and other such social activities may be experienced. It is anticipated that this event will take place on the 16 of December 2006. Upon acceptance of this proposal Party B will inform Party A of said acceptance in a manner that is both consistent with local customs and practices and in a timely manner. It is expected that this partnership will last one day and should prove to be mutually beneficial to both parties. We thank you for your consideration and await your reply.
Sincerely,
John J Widstoe Sr. the II
On behalf of “the Girl who made the Cookies”’
Well, that was a little longer than I was thinking of, plus I couldn’t understand half of it, so I asked for something a little less…formal…
Dear, why do you shun me so?
Is it because I chew your gum after you do?
Does that freak you out?
Whoa!! O.K. Maybe asking for help was just TOO much…uhhh…something… Hmmm…
Well, this wedding invitation has the right idea. So, here goes…my very own idea...sort of…
The girl in question
(that’s me)
requests
the honor
of
your company
at the
Winter Formal Dance.
Please
RSVP ASAP.

No comments:
Post a Comment