This post is kind of a branch off of a past post-The Science of Kissing- in the sense that I've been frequently contemplating a few of the wrong reasons to kiss. Or ya know, do whatever.
So often in our lives we make choices because of other people whether we want to please them or entirely tick them off. What we need to do is consistently step back and ask... who am I making this choice for? and why am I choosing to do this? I'm not saying you have to always think about what YOU want to do.. No, I'm not advocating compete selfishness.. I'm just saying make sure it is a choice you personally believe in and are making because YOU have personal feelings pointing you towards that choice. Also, think about why...
For instance-- a girl choosing an outfit:
1. To impress a boy
2. To further annoy your parents
3. To gain favor from a large party
4. To advocate being honked at while walking down the street
5. Because you feel beautiful in it
...
..
.
Why do we do the things we do?
Dragging this topic towards a relationship aspect- I wonder how often we make a move as a reaction to someone else.
For example- you might be tempted to hold someone's hand simply because you are in a public setting and you want to make a social statement or rub it in someone's face.
WRONG reason for that choice.
It really comes down to taking the time and personal control to monitor your actions and make choices in a way that is entirely pure to who you are.
Do things because YOU mean them.. not because of an attention statement.
Life means so much more that way.
So often in our lives we make choices because of other people whether we want to please them or entirely tick them off. What we need to do is consistently step back and ask... who am I making this choice for? and why am I choosing to do this? I'm not saying you have to always think about what YOU want to do.. No, I'm not advocating compete selfishness.. I'm just saying make sure it is a choice you personally believe in and are making because YOU have personal feelings pointing you towards that choice. Also, think about why...
For instance-- a girl choosing an outfit:
1. To impress a boy
2. To further annoy your parents
3. To gain favor from a large party
4. To advocate being honked at while walking down the street
5. Because you feel beautiful in it
...
..
.
Why do we do the things we do?
Dragging this topic towards a relationship aspect- I wonder how often we make a move as a reaction to someone else.
For example- you might be tempted to hold someone's hand simply because you are in a public setting and you want to make a social statement or rub it in someone's face.
WRONG reason for that choice.
It really comes down to taking the time and personal control to monitor your actions and make choices in a way that is entirely pure to who you are.
Do things because YOU mean them.. not because of an attention statement.
Life means so much more that way.


No comments:
Post a Comment