About Me

My photo
I believe in dedicating my life to the things I truly love. This is my way of sharing that love with you.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Midnight Moments

I realized an intense love of mine this weekend--

It's one that I've thought about off an on for the past couple weeks but this weekend sealed the deal in my mind.

I love midnight talks

Moments when you're 1-on-1 with someone and your walls are down and you can simply relax and share who you really are and learn who someone else really is. 

It seems that these types of talks occur a lot more often later at night than they do during the day. There's something about the atmosphere that late nights bring-- you're relaxed, most likely in a place you feel comfortable, and even though this may sound stupid, I like that it is dark so that you don't have face to face confrontation. It is a lot easier to talk to someone that is next to you rather than in front of you.

Midnight talks can occur in many different situations-- driving in a car, walking down the street, laying in sleeping bags in a cargo van.. 

It is during these talks that people can actually open up and share a bit of their real self with you. They're far more vulnerable but there's an unspoken trust that you'll protect their secrets just as they will protect yours. 

How fantastic is it to spend one night talking into the wee hours of morning and feel like you actually have a small grasp on who this person is and can see so many of the perfect and complicated things about them?

I think that's one of the big draws to alcohol-- to help break down those walls so that you can be yourself and have those moments but it seems to me that these moments occur naturally anyway. 

I just.. love seeing a genuine side of people. I love forming that relationship in which you build this trust that you are enough to simply be yourself and that is what people are looking for.

I love the honesty-- being able to learn so many things and then share what you see in someone.

It gives me hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment