About Me

My photo
I believe in dedicating my life to the things I truly love. This is my way of sharing that love with you.

Monday, March 26, 2012

Rest


After spending one of the best weeks of my life free in the outdoors, I'm feeling entirely confined, pathetic, lonely, and stressed to the max once again back at home.
Needless to say, I haven't accomplished much since my return.

There are a couple things I want to write about that I have been pondering on the past couple days and one of them is the word REST.

Rest: 
verb- cease work or movement in order to relax, refresh oneself, or recover strength
noun- an object that is used to support something

The term rest has never meant much to me until this past week.
You see, I realized that what most people in this world are seeking for is rest.
More specifically, a spiritual rest.

I had many very special opportunities to have deep and personal conversations with a few people this past week.
And when those people let their guard down and shared what they want more than anything else in this world, they wanted rest. They didn't choose the term 'rest' specifically, but they shared a desire for a higher being to guide us through this world. They shared a desire for complete and total trust towards another individual. They shared a desire for peace and understanding.

Isn't that rest? A certain peaceful state of mind that gives us confidence and strength and buoys us up when we're not strong enough to do everything ourselves..

I'm not sure how to say this without sounding entirely arrogant and prideful, but..
I have that rest.
I have that peace in my life.
I have that reassurance and trust and support.

And people want it.
They want my pure, naïve, innocence.
They want my glow of happiness.
They want my confidence.
They want my ability to trust and love completely.

That feeling of rest in my life comes through my belief in God.
I believe in a divine God watching over me and guiding me to where I need to be in my life.
I believe that no matter how much goes wrong, life will eventually go right.
I believe that people can heal-- that wounds turn into scars that will always be visible, but never need to bleed again.
I believe that all the pains and heartaches I've ever had or will have can be comforted and taken away by the love of God.

There are a few people that I spent time with this past week that I have formed an inexpressible love for.
More than anything else,  I want them to be happy. I want them to feel that love and comfort and healing that I do.

I don't want to change who they are. I don't share what I believe religiously because I necessarily want someone to become Mormon so that I can marry them or so they can be like me.
I share what I believe because I want them to find the rest that I have found.
I want to share the priceless knowledge that I have with them in order that they may find happiness.

It breaks my heart when those I love throw up walls against learning about my religion simply because they are not interested in being Mormon or even religious at all.
That is not my goal. My goal is to share with you the thing in my life that has made me happier than I ever imagined I could be. I want to give that opportunity for happiness to you because I love you.

The idea of the "rest of God" is all over the scriptures-- the Bible, the Book of Mormon.. wherever you want to look.

Turn to God to seek for that rest. Find that peace and comfort in your life and use it to fill any void of confusion and pain.
I'm not begging you to become Mormon.. I'm just begging you to let yourself be more fully and completely happy in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment