My favorite TV show- and the only one I watch regularly- is named Castle. I REALLY REALLY like it. Last night as I was catching the end of an episode on my new TV (yes, I can watch tv at home now!) I had a thought come to mind.... the general population is more interested in eternal love that we often care to admit.
The episode last night (spoiler alert!) was about a woman who killed her husband who had a brain tumor so that he could be cryopreserved before his brain blew up. The episode ended with her consuming a cyanide pill in order to join him.
Psycho? Maybe...... I feel like her actions along with cryopreservation are kinda out there but yet, they're not at all.
People want to be with the ones they love forever. It's seen in several things in our world whether we're talking about cryopreservation or Bella Swan becoming a vampire.
People give up their lives (literally or fictionally) in order that they might be together forever.
The great thing is-- being with the ones you love forever is the way things are supposed to work. If such is the case, you may ask then why we don't live forever....
Well, we do.
I'm a huge fan of reading short little quotes or "funny" lines.
One of my favorites is, "You don't have to be a vampire to live forever"
How?? Well, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Mormon) has it figured out.
In temples- those beautiful white buildings that only worthy members enter into- you can be sealed to the ones you love forever.
It's possible because the power of God (the priesthood) has been restored to this earth and is given to worth men.
You can have what the world is constantly searching for an answer to.
It's real.. It's true.. It's forever.


Lovely.
ReplyDelete