About Me

My photo
I believe in dedicating my life to the things I truly love. This is my way of sharing that love with you.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

I Thank God For Unanswered Prayers



Everyone has prayed, in some form or another, for things that they really want. 

Those prayers aren't always answered. Not because there's no one listening but maybe because we're the ones who need to listen. 

What are some of my unanswered prayers? Oh, you know me, I wanted to be married right out of high school at the age of 17. I wanted to move far far away from Arizona where plants were a real color of green. I wanted people around me to change. I wanted a perfect family with an older brother or twin sister I could discuss life business with. I wanted boys who were emotionally destructive to marry me. 

Thank God for unanswered prayers.

I've spent a lot of time in my life looking back at the past- not always like Lot's wife... longing for what I once had.. but more to analyze where I've been and see how my choices and life events have affected who I am today. 

I thank God for unanswered prayers. Those unanswered prayers have created a life that I never dreamed I could have. A life in which I'm happier than I have ever been. 

There's a reason for everything and sometimes, that reason takes years to become apparent.

And sometimes, it's totally worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment