About Me

My photo
I believe in dedicating my life to the things I truly love. This is my way of sharing that love with you.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

I believe in being honest, TRUE, chaste...


True: In accordance with fact or reality; accurate or exact; loyal or faithful

I think one of the greatest challenges in life is to be true. True in your actions. True in your thoughts. True to who you are. 

We've all heard the phrase "true love"

But what is true love?
When I think of "true love" I automatically attribute the definition "a serious connection with the perfect person for you."

But that's not it AT ALL.

True love.. is fact. Reality. It is a connection with someone accurate to who you are. It is being entirely committed. Entirely loyal. Entirely faithful. Entirely TRUE to who you are and using that complete honesty in a relationship.

How often are we entirely true in our relationships? Almost never. People think they are- they think that they are entirely honest and can share everything and accept everything someone else says but even in my own life I've discovered how much courage it takes to be true in a relationship and very far I still am from doing so.

But the term "true" is not all about love.

Being true to one's self may cause you to ask the questions:
Who am I?
Do I live my life true to who I am or does how I live make me who I am?

Being true to yourself is about being entirely honest- honest with yourself and honest in your actions.
Do you admit to yourself the real answers that you may already have to some of your questions?
Are you brave enough and true to yourself enough to make choices according to what you believe?
Do you know who you are?

Maybes.

Using myself as an example-
Who am I?
I am Spiderman. Jk. Moving on..

I am a daughter of God who belongs to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. 
How may I be true to that? I may take action. I may have sincere prayers and sincere periods of scripture study. I may live my life in a way that follows God's teachings. I may seek after things that are virtuous and lovely and of good report. I may make what I know to be the right choice even when the opposite is much more enticing at the moment. I may know.. really know that what I believe is correct.

But am I true? Do I do those things? Am I who I claim to be?

I am a romantic.
And how may I be true to this? I may put forth an effort to date and incorporate myself into that world. I may actually believe in a happily ever after rather than just writing about it and dreaming that someday it could actually happen while never actually truly believing it. I could make the effort on my part to be the kind of person that the guy I want to marry some day would fall in love with.

I am happy.
I don't mean this as a temporary adjective. I mean this as a part of who I really am. We are all designed to be happy.. unfortunately there are events thoughts that take place in our lives that attempt (and often succeed) to convince us otherwise. If I am happy.. then to be true to myself I should always seek to find that part of myself- in everything I do and say and live.

I am the author of Dreaming in Reality.
I write things that not only inspire and educate myself, but sometimes do that for others. I love knowing that something simple that I love to do has made small differences in lives. It's not much-- but it is something. Since I am an author then I should be putting an honest effort into posts. I should be paying attention to those around me and using those things, along with my thoughts, to create a piece of inspiration.

I'm a lot of things.. 

Am I true in all that I do? No.. But it is something I can be better at and always strive to be aware of.

"TRUE" gets skipped over a lot as a common word attributed with many different things but not often having it's own stand.

Give it a shining moment in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment