It's said that there are 5 Love Languages-
words of affirmation
quality time
receiving gifts
acts of service
physical touch
Without even needing to take the quiz, I probably could have told you that my love language is quality time.
I grew up in a situation that the older I became, the less time anyone in my family had for me. It was something I adjusted to and I attribute much of who I am to my closest friends rather than my family.
I have been extremely fortunate in meeting the right people at the right time and allowing them to enter my life. I've found that the moments that those I love have sacrificed time and thought for me are the times that I have discovered I truly appreciate and feel loved by them.
My original quiz results pinned quality time as an easy win. However, in the few months since I took the quiz, I have reevaluated and taken a fresh perspective on my own acceptance of love.
Love Language Scores:
4 Words of Affirmation 10 Quality Time
4 Receiving Gifts
6 Acts of Service
6 Physical Touch
Because of this, I decided to retake the quiz and see if my results would vary. Turns out, they did.
Your Scores
| 8 | Words of Affirmation |
| 10 | Quality Time |
| 0 | Receiving Gifts |
| 5 | Acts of Service |
| 7 | Physical Touch |
While quality time is still the top score, it doesn't outrank nearly as easily. I've learned the importance of words of affirmation lately. That was not something I've really ever known about.
I've always known that I am beautiful and talented, but anyone who mattered never said anything and anyone who said something didn't matter.
I'm not someone who is very good about giving compliments or telling people how much I care about them or how impressed I am by them but it is something I have started working on.
In my own life, I've found that words of affirmation are important to me when coupled with quality time. The two together give more credibility to each-- someone may tell me that I'm beautiful or amazing but chances are I won't believe them unless they show me I'm worth their precious time. Conversely, there are people in my life who share quality time with me-- and I love it, but there is something especially reassuring in hearing them tell me I'm important through words.
I have this weird quirk where I have a favorite line in my favorite songs.
Maybe I'm not the only who who is like that.
A favorite line that pops up in a few different songs by Secondhand Serenade is:
"I was born to tell you I love you."
One of my best friends is that person in my life.
So I believe that phrase to be entirely true.


No comments:
Post a Comment