It's been a long time since I've written about a day in the life of Amanda but I feel like doing so now.
This will include bits and pieces of my day on Monday along with random little spiels.
To start off, I decided that Monday is now my favorite day of the week-- opposite of what everyone else seems to think.
I used to love Fridays because that was the one night a week I felt entirely unobligated (I know that's not a work) to get work done. Now... I rather despise them. Fridays have become a crazy day in which I'm trying to catch up on all the things I didn't get done during the week or am stuck in boring meetings in which I'm either making fun of the speakers in my head or planning something completely irrelevant.
But Mondays are absolutely fantastic.
Why?
Well, on Mondays I most likely just woke up from a restful Sunday ended with a late game night. I am allowed to sleep in as late as I want and can show up for work whenever I feel like.. if ever. I don't have any homework due because it all has to be submitted the night before at 11:59. I have FHE to look forward to that night when I actually get to see and talk to people.
Over all, its just a fantastically carefree day.
Also, everyone else is too busy and frantic with their Monday stuff so I never have to worry about them bothering me.
So.... my Monday in detail:
My alarm went off at 9am just like it does every morning but hey it was Monday so I didn't make it out of bed until 9:24.
I love blasting the radio in the morning (actually, I love music pretty much ALL the time.) and I was fortunate enough to actually hear music playing instead of idiots talking.
Song: I'm Bringing Sexy Back.
A couple minutes later of me dancing ridiculously around my room resulted in the stray cat I let sleep with me standing at my sliding door with frantic eyes- ready to get as far away from me as possible.
I was already rather cold (another reason to not get out of bed) so the lack of warm water for my shower was rather disheartening.
Needless to say, I did not shave.
Boys-- if you don't understand this, imagine shaving with goosebumps. It's rather painful.
I've been far too lazy lately to even blow dry my hair or wear makeup or anything nicer than a t-shirt and jeans so it really didn't take too long to get out the door to work.
Once I got to ASU I indulged myself with a fresh bagel from Einsteins with stenchy cream cheese because hey, no one I associate with anymore is going to get close enough to smell me.
My work consisted of a couple hours worth of editing labels I made a month ago that I finally got my boss to sit down and look at with me last week. They're all printed out now and just need to be cut and folded and then I can be done with my stupid paleontology display case that I love so darn much.
I ditched work early to go volunteer at my church's cannery where we were canning salsa. I got to wear a suuuuper sexy hair net and place glass jars on a turn table. It was actually quite fascinating. I've never been to the cannery before because I was never old enough and once I was I just volunteered other places instead so when they asked for a volunteer at church I took the open invitation.
We were released a couple hours early so I figured I would just go back to ASU and finish up my labels but when I checked my phone I had a voicemail waiting from my friend asking if I wanted him and a couple of his roommates to move my piano.
YES.
Yes I did.
It took about 15 minutes. They threw the piano in the back of a truck, drove it to my house, and carried it in the living room. Done.
And I cannot even tell you how absolutely excited I am to have it.
I have missed musical instruments in my life so much.
And now I can learn how to play properly again.
Once my living room was rearranged (again- I quite like moving furniture around.) I forced myself to eat some salad like a girl and then ate pasta because let's face it-- there is no way I am going to survive off of salad.
Then I drove back to ASU. Again.
I drive on autopilot mode to both ASU and Bahama Bucks. I swear that I have guardian angels that protect me (and others) while driving because I am absolutely not in any way paying attention.
Once there, I chit chatted with my new closest friend about how much I love science and how little I know about geology and how much she absolutely loathes physics.
Then we grabbed our rackets and played tennis at the SRC for a couple hours with two other girls we work with.
And I loved it.
I loved that for the first hour while I was still focused, I was focused on the ball with mathematical equations related to it running through my head.
I love the way girls' hair swishes with you hit the ball. So super sexy.
The only time I remember playing tennis is one day in junior high P.E.
Which I don't really count.
I've had this mental block for years that I didn't like sports.
That I don't like tennis.
Or volleyball.
Or a lot of other sports.
But I gave it a shot and it turned out that I really do enjoy them.
The only sport I really ever learned to play was baseball because my next door neighbor and I used to play with each other but I've never been taught any other sport because it simply wasn't important in my family's life.
Other things were supported and stressed in my life- academics and music.
But never ever sports.
I tried out for a few sports in school but I always ended up dropping out because I never had any support in them. I always felt like I was making a poor choice when I wanted to play a sport instead of orchestra or choir or taking an engineering class at MCC at night.
So I just never did.
I ended off the night with a new episode from my absolute favorite TV show- Castle.
I have an intense love for this duo and as depressing as this may sound, Castle is a highlight in my week.
When it ended I was too tired and lazy to reach the remote 3 feet away (total 1st world problem) so I just laid there for half an hour trying to make myself go to bed and then eventually stumbled straight into bed for a good nights sleep filled with the same haunting dreams as occur every night but this time with a new addition.
I love Mondays.









No comments:
Post a Comment