Well no pictures for today because I'm using Jami's laptop while she sleeps (yes she did give me permission) and I don't really want to mess with uploading pictures on her computer and then worrying about them. Plus, I'm really tired and have a huge amount of homework that needs to be done for my 2 classes on Tuesday.
Well this morning the 5 of us (Myself, Jami, Chase, Angie, and Jenn) went over to St. Paul's Cathedral again and got a group picture in front of it that we need for one of our final class projects. After we got our picture we went to church there. Yes..... a Mormon went to an Anglican church. And wellllllllll... let's just say I'm not converted. It was okay. The lesson had a good message about service and was given by a woman which surprised me but the meeting as a whole was just all repetion and chanting. One reason we went was because the cathedral is closed to visitors today and also when it's not closed tourists have to pay 10 pounds to get in. So we went to "worship" instead. We did leave about half way through but so did a lot of other people.
After St. Paul's we had some lunch. Jami and I brought along some sandwiches we made today. We just sat outside in the lovely sunshine and talked and then took a few more pictures by the side of the church. When we first got there the church bells are ringing which sounds really cool and is awesome to listen to but after about 5 minutes of bells it just becomes a bit if a nuisance.
About 1:30 we split our ways. Jami and I caught the Tube to church and the other three went to a football (soccer) game. The meeting started a bit late & we went to a singles ward. It was.... lame. No one even talked to us at all. We were absolutely invisible. After sacrament meeting we talked to the bishop and asked him for the best way to get to the London temple and since they are going there June 12th they had exact directions printed out so we got a copy. Too bad they're going after we leave London. Jami and I were really tired and she didn't feel so well so after that we went home and managed to get a little bit lost on the way but guess what? I looked up at the sun and figured out which way was West which helped to navigate our way home.
Once we got home I made a quick dinner. A real dinner. I was impressed with myself. Jami and I scarfed it down and now as I said before she is taking a nap so hopefully she will feel a bit better.
That's all for now. I think we may wander over to Hyde Park later. It's 6pm now but it doesn't start really getting dark here until after 9pm which does not aid us in going to bed and getting up early.

YOU figured out which direction was west? YOU?!?!?!
ReplyDeleteAren't you proud? Too bad I figured it out after we walked a mile in the wrong direction
ReplyDelete