About Me

My photo
I believe in dedicating my life to the things I truly love. This is my way of sharing that love with you.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

London Day 8

Well no pictures again because I'm on Jami's laptop and I have not yet learned any computer skills with photos but I will post the 2 I took tomorrow.

Tuesday we had classes all morning. And when I say all morning... I'm not joking. First Montessano's class from 8:30am-10:15am all about this guy named Blake and how he wants to get away from rules and his romantic ideas of how God is found in nature and within one's self. I tried not to fall asleep. Then from 10:30am-12:15am I had Facinelli's class which is basically the history of England. The ENTIRE history. It's not that bad but after an hour and a half you start to tune out.

After class we had some lunch back at our apartment (I guess that is what it is called) and I took a 4 hour nap after doing some homework

After the nap we decided that we needed to get out and do something because hello--- We're in London! SO...... we went to Hard Rock Cafe!

Well there was a 30-45 minute wait so we were directed over towards the bar and let me tell you... the drink I got was delicious! [Alcohol free of course] I wanted more but oh well. I think my drink was called a beerilicious and it was Strawberry and Orange flavored with ice and Raspberry stuff. SO uber good.

By the time we got all the drinks ordered and made we had a table and I ended up splitting an appetizer of nachos with Chase and Angie and they were also very yummy.

When we left we stopped at the Hard Rock cafe store next door and picked up glasses that we got for purchasing drinks. I was supposed to get a Hurricane glass like the one that my drink was in but I asked the guy if I could have a margarita glass instead and he said sure so I am now finally the owner of a margarita glass which I have wanted forever. As soon as I'm home I am making a smoothie and using it.

Well by the time we left it was about 11:30pm and we were beginning to wonder how we were getting home because we weren't sure when the Tube station closed. As we were walking back to the station we passed a couple of clubs and people were going in wearing those skimpy tight dresses like in the movies. I don't think it ever occured to me until last night that people actually wear stuff like that and go clubbing. I live in such a sheltered world.

Luckily for us the Tube was still open so we rode home in a stupor and I did a bit more homework but then gave up about 1 am and went to sleep.

Hard Rock Cafe was so much fun. LOVED it.

No comments:

Post a Comment